TPG Community

Get online support

International calls not getting through to me

AWD1
Level 2

Hi everyone, 

it seems that like several others here, I am not now able to receive calls from international (UK) numbers (I transferred from Dodo last week, and now my sister in the UK cannot call me).

Common sense tells me this is because TPG have not configured my service correctly. It's the only thing that changed.

Tech' Support just told me to get my sister to check with her service provider, as it's not something they can help with. Even though I referred them to Community discussions where a Tech' Support person escalated a similar problem to the TPG VOIP Support Team and the problem cleared next day, my Customer Service person declined to do this......

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @AWD1

Welcome to the Community! 

Here are some of the checklist that we need to confirm in order to determine the exact issue:

• Are you able to receive calls from other numbers locally or international?
  • Is it just that 1 number you are having issues with? 
  • Is this a normal phone call or through a voice app? 
  • is the correct dialling format being followed? 

You may also check out this Community article for reference: 

Troubleshooting Problems with TPG Home Phone Calls

If the issue persists, let us know here so we can check with your Homephone support. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

AWD1
Level 2

Hello Ahra_G,

• We are receiving calls from France, but two different numbers in the UK cannot reach us
    • No, see above
    • One using Skype Calls, one from a normal phone 
    • Yes. Both these callers tell me our nuimber is programmed into their system/phone. They have beeen calling us for ther last 3 years with no problems. One week after moving to TPG, they can't get through. Go figure.

There may be other contacts, in other countries that can't reach us. Do we have to call each of them to allow you to work out what is wrong with the way TPG have configured our VOIP service? Surely there's someone at TPG who knows how to fix this?

Ahra_G

Appreciate you providing more information, @AWD1

I have organised a call back to be made from our Technical team tomorrow, 11 September 2020 between 1-2PM. 

Should you have another preferred time, feel free to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

FoolishTroll
Level 2

@MyGroundBiz wrote:

Hello Ahra_G,

• We are receiving calls from France, but two different numbers in the UK cannot reach us
    • No, see above
    • One using Skype Calls, one from a normal phone 
    • Yes. Both these callers tell me our nuimber is programmed into their system/phone. They have beeen calling us for ther last 3 years with no problems. One week after moving to TPG, they can't get through. Go figure.

There may be other contacts, in other countries that can't reach us. Do we have to call each of them to allow you to work out what is wrong with the way TPG have configured our VOIP service? Surely there's someone at TPG who knows how to fix this?

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing