TPG Community

Get online support

Is this common sense? - Internet connection due to moving.

043384jh
Level 2

I have used TPG service for more than 10 years.

I moved on January 10th. A week before moving, I applied for the service to a new address.

However, even a week after I moved, I couldn't connect to the Internet, so I called TPG.
TPG said that the new area where I moved in is an area that needs NBN box, so they will send NBN BOX to me. 

Three days later, the NBN box was delivered to the address where I lived before, so I complained again, and I had to wait four days again.

I finally received NBN BOX, but I called again because I couldn't connect to the Internet, and I waited two more days to process the connection remotely.

Two days later, I got a text message that the remote connection failed, so I called again, and TPG said it would send me a technician and told me to do appointment.

Waiting for another week, the technician visited today and connected to the Internet in 30 minutes.

I haven't been able to use the Internet for a month after moving, but the one-month fee has already been paid by direct debit.

And I spent an additional $80 for my family's mobile phone data usage fee during the period when I couldn't use the Internet.

Isn't this too unfair? I've also heard that Optus, another service provider, provides free data devices before connecting to the Internet.

I'm so unfair that I don't know where to complain, so I'm posting here and there.

I was really disappointed to TPG that didn't do anything even though they knew I couldn't use the Internet service for a month.
When the contract expires, I will unconditionally change it to another service.

If anyone knows where to complain about this problem on TPG, please advise.

Jae

2 REPLIES 2
043384jh
Level 2

Hello.

I am having a issue.

Recently connected to the NBN, internet is all good but I can't use my home phone. It is connected to the router directly using Phone 1 and I have a dial tone. However, when I try to make a call I get a continuous beep and when I try to call my landline number, it says the number is incomplete or not connected.

Can you please check and advise?

Jae

Shane

Hi @043384jh

We understand how much your service means to you, Please understand that the availability and the installation of the NBN serviec controls by NBN Co, we'll check the progress of the relocation with our Provisioning Team. To better understand the situation, send me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I have used TPG service for more than 10 years.

I moved on January 10th. A week before moving, I applied for the service to a new address.

However, even a week after I moved, I couldn't connect to the Internet, so I called TPG.
TPG said that the new area where I moved in is an area that needs NBN box, so they will send NBN BOX to me. 

Three days later, the NBN box was delivered to the address where I lived before, so I complained again, and I had to wait four days again.

I finally received NBN BOX, but I called again because I couldn't connect to the Internet, and I waited two more days to process the connection remotely.

Two days later, I got a text message that the remote connection failed, so I called again, and TPG said it would send me a technician and told me to do appointment.

Waiting for another week, the technician visited today and connected to the Internet in 30 minutes.

I haven't been able to use the Internet for a month after moving, but the one-month fee has already been paid by direct debit.

And I spent an additional $80 for my family's mobile phone data usage fee during the period when I couldn't use the Internet.

Isn't this too unfair? I've also heard that Optus, another service provider, provides free data devices before connecting to the Internet.

I'm so unfair that I don't know where to complain, so I'm posting here and there.

I was really disappointed to TPG that didn't do anything even though they knew I couldn't use the Internet service for a month.
When the contract expires, I will unconditionally change it to another service.

If anyone knows where to complain about this problem on TPG, please advise.

Jae