Landline 13 numbers

book1852
Level 3
I haven’t been able to contact 13 numbers from landlines for 7 days. Sorry just found this discussion but will post anyway. Check outages – my two bobs worth. My observations. Planned outages versus non planned. First of all check google htps://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status. These are often planned Check your address. Mine comes up sometimes but not all the time. Outages are NBN related. They are not the problem of your ISP although NBN put it back on to them they give a logo and link of all ISP providers. The reason they often seem to come from Telstra is that they appear to be related to the old Telstra exchanges that will cover several areas. My ISP comes up as this old exchange in Maylands WA in any internet areas/retail services etc. that capture your internet area. This shows outages all over Perth but based on client complaints. https://aussieservicedown.com/status/national-broadband-network-nbn/2063523-perth-city-of-perth-stat... My interest is landlines to landlines and phone outages. We all know you cannot use a cordless phone in POWER outage. This is different. We are at the mercy of NBN. A few examples of my problems. 1. Problems with 6 digit numbers starting with 13. No service just a screaching noise or nothing at all. 2. Landline numbers in your local area (old exchange). 2.1 No ring tone. Cut off completely. 2.2 Rings twice and cuts off (screeching). Emergency numbers calling out do not have the same problem ringing out - .i.e. doctor or chemist. E.g. AGL (Gas) has only one number advertised starting with 31. They do not understand that I cannot use their link messages or the phone. I have no way of contacting them. Ironic that it will have to be by snail mail. My ISP uses 6 digits starting with 31and is affected (screeching) but they have another number you can use. These same numbers can be reached on your mobiles. Landlines and outages Future of this service https://www.nbnco.com.au/support Australia is currently undergoing a digital transformation from a copper backbone network, to a fibre backbone network. This will affect the way you currently use your landline, particularly in a power outage. Well, we already know this. But problems exist now Sorry will look through your posts now..
3 REPLIES 3
stephenthomson
Level 3

I had the same issue when trying to ring 13 & 1300 numbers in Australia after signing up for TPG NBN, Land Line & Mobile Phone plan. I was getting a screaming fax tone when I tried calling these numbers.

A call to TPG Tech Support fixed it immediately, the person at TPG turned something on or changed a setting in my account system and now I have no problems ring ing 13 & 1300 phone numbers from my Home phone or my Mobile phone.

Shane

Hi @book1852,

Thanks for raising this to us. I am sad to learn that you're having issues making outgoing calls, I would like take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation, send me a Private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I haven’t been able to contact 13 numbers from landlines for 7 days. Sorry just found this discussion but will post anyway. Check outages – my two bobs worth. My observations. Planned outages versus non planned. First of all check google htps:// www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status. These are often planned Check your address. Mine comes up sometimes but not all the time. Outages are NBN related. They are not the problem of your ISP although NBN put it back on to them they give a logo and link of all ISP providers. The reason they often seem to come from Telstra is that they appear to be related to the old Telstra exchanges that will cover several areas. My ISP comes up as this old exchange in Maylands WA in any internet areas/retail services etc. that capture your internet area. This shows outages all over Perth but based on client complaints. https://aussieservicedown.com/status/national-broadband-network-nbn/2063523-perth-city-of-perth-stat... My interest is landlines to landlines and phone outages. We all know you cannot use a cordless phone in POWER outage. This is different. We are at the mercy of NBN. A few examples of my problems. 1. Problems with 6 digit numbers starting with 13. No service just a screaching noise or nothing at all. 2. Landline numbers in your local area (old exchange). 2.1 No ring tone. Cut off completely. 2.2 Rings twice and cuts off (screeching). Emergency numbers calling out do not have the same problem ringing out - .i.e. doctor or chemist. E.g. AGL (Gas) has only one number advertised starting with 31. They do not understand that I cannot use their link messages or the phone. I have no way of contacting them. Ironic that it will have to be by snail mail. My ISP uses 6 digits starting with 31and is affected (screeching) but they have another number you can use. These same numbers can be reached on your mobiles. Landlines and outages Future of this service https://www.nbnco.com.au/support Australia is currently undergoing a digital transformation from a copper backbone network, to a fibre backbone network. This will affect the way you currently use your landline, particularly in a power outage. Well, we already know this. But problems exist now Sorry will look through your posts now..
Shane

Hi @

I am glad to know that the issue has been fixed with the help of our Mobile Support Team.

I responded to your post located here. In the event that you still require assitance, feel free to post on the original thread to avoid redundancy and confusion.

Regards,

I had the same issue when trying to ring 13 & 1300 numbers in Australia after signing up for TPG NBN, Land Line & Mobile Phone plan. I was getting a screaming fax tone when I tried calling these numbers.

A call to TPG Tech Support fixed it immediately, the person at TPG turned something on or changed a setting in my account system and now I have no problems ring ing 13 & 1300 phone numbers from my Home phone or my Mobile phone.