TPG Community

Get online support

Landline not receiving incoming calls

Mazito62
Level 2
Just got nbn with home phone connected to tp-link modem. I can make calls out but when I ring it with my mobile I can hear it ringing on mobile and goes to message bank but the landline does not ring
6 REPLIES 6
2fly
Level 5

@Mazito62

This normally happen when you port your number from telstra.

did you port your number from telstra?

BasilDV

Hi @Mazito62,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the account.

We understand that you requested to port your number from your previous provider and the process may take 1 to 5 working days once the service has been installed.

Since the service was installed yesterday (21st of January), the time frame of the porting will start on the same day as well.

Expect the incoming calls of your home phone to work on or before the 25th of January (Friday)

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Bobby69
Level 2
Yes.is there s wait period?
Bobby69
Level 2
I will wait till 3/4/20
roughergeorge55
Level 2

I was originally with Telstra, but I got a new number when I connected with TPG. This was many years ago & this problem only occurred in the last week. When I ring my home number on my mobile I get the message "divert activated". I have not deliberately diverted my phone.

BasilDV

Hi @roughergeorge55

Welcome to the Community!

In order to confirm if the Diversion is activated, you need to check it via TPG MY account.

Check the previous thread here and look for the comment of @Shane for the instructions on how to activate and disable it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV