TPG Community

Get online support

Landline phone will connect calls but other person cannot hear me

jnovice1
Level 3

I am hoping someone from TPG can help me with the following query...

We have been having problems with our landline whereby the other party cannot hear us, but we can hear them.  The other party can only hear static.

So far to fix the problem I have been resetting my Uniden handset.  I have had to do this three times this month, after experiencing the same problem each time.

The manufacturer's helpline told me that resetting the phone is not a fix for this, and that if the other party cannot hear me it is not our phone but a fault with the NBN line, and I should contact my provider.

However, it has since occurred to me that whist one handset stopped working; the second handset was working correctly.

Therefore, could someone from TPG please confirm for me that if it were the NBN line with the problem, I would not be able to successfully call by switching to another handset?

If there is no way it could be the NBN line, then I can confidently contact Uniden again.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @jnovice1 , we recommend having a read of these community articles, which may help with your concern:

If the issue persists, please let us know so we can check further. Thank you.

jnovice1
Level 3

Thanks Riezl.  I have previously looked at these.

They don't specifically cover our problem, or state that if another handset works then it cannot be the NBN line.

We are FTTP and the phone has always been plugged into the correct port.

I just need confirmation from TPG that my theory is correct, ie if one of the handset works it cannot be a problem with the line.

Shane

Hi @jnovice1,

Yes, if the other handset is working fine there should be no issue on the line. If you have a spare handset you may also use it for comparative test.

Regards,

Thanks Riezl.  I have previously looked at these.

They don't specifically cover our problem, or state that if another handset works then it cannot be the NBN line.

We are FTTP and the phone has always been plugged into the correct port.

I just need confirmation from TPG that my theory is correct, ie if one of the handset works it cannot be a problem with the line.