TPG Community

Get online support

Landline still not working

SOLVED Go to solution
jclaudiorh
Level 2

Hello, this morning I received a message and email saying the installation is now fully complete. Which I assume you did port the number over from Telstra. (Our NBN installation was on 8th April). Yet the phone line is still not operational. Gives some sort of tone but dialling out doesn't work, and dialling in still says "this number is disconnected". 

What needs to be done at our end to get our phone configured into the modem pages? See below:Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 12.35.43 pm.png

Let me know please, we are almost 2 weeks now with no landline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @jclaudiorh

Have you tried if you are able to receive calls on your landline? The ticket is now closed as our Engineers advised that everything should work normally now.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @jclaudiorh

We'd like to check on the status of the porting and see what we can do to resolve this.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @jclaudiorh

There's an issue within the Phone service, which needs to be investigated by our Engineers.

This has been raised and further updates will be provided via SMS or phone call once available.

BasilDV

jclaudiorh
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV I received a call last night from TPG Support and was asked to hard reset the modem with the paperclip. After this, we can see the phone light is on - and we are now able to make phone calls - but not receive them. The call into the home phone number goes silent and ends. It doesn't ring. Appreciate any help on this.

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @jclaudiorh.

We'll check this with our Engineers and have someone to get in touch with you for further checking.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @jclaudiorh

Have you tried if you are able to receive calls on your landline? The ticket is now closed as our Engineers advised that everything should work normally now.

BasilDV

jclaudiorh
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV yes the phone service is now working - incoming calls and outgoing ones.

Thanks for helping us with this issue.

Closing ticket now.

Shane

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved and everything is now back to normal. Feel free to create new here in the community for future queries! 

Hi @BasilDV yes the phone service is now working - incoming calls and outgoing ones.

Thanks for helping us with this issue.

Closing ticket now.