TPG Community

Get online support

Modem reports voice service not configured

wayner3
Level 3

Our home phone voice service connected via IP on FTTC went down in the week before Christmas. No dial tone at our end, no incomming calls. The modem displays a message, "Telephone Status: Telephone service unavailable. Please check your account settings or register a new number". TPG App says the voice service is working normally.

Multiple restarts of the network equipment have not resolved the issue. I've been trying to open a helpdesk ticket since January 11 but only get requests for more identifying information and when I provide the information, I get no further response.

7 REPLIES 7
Ahra_G

Hi @wayner3,

Is your internet working smoothly? Have you tried doing a reset on the modem? 

Please send us a private message and we'll help sort out your homephone. 

-Ahra_G

wayner3
Level 3

Internet is working fine, currently 53Mbps down and 19 up. Modem has been reset many times, with no improvement. The moidem seems to have somehow lost the configuration for the phone and no amount of resetting or restore to factory has fixed it. I'll send a DM when I get a chance.

wayner3
Level 3

Updating so the thread contains information about what's happning in the DMs.

Escalated to TPG support. Susie from TPG support rang and did some testing including a remote restart. We're still not getting dial tone or side tone on either the cordless Uniden phone or the wired Telstra/Alcatel handset.
The problem has now been escalated to engineering.

I've taken screenshots of each of the configuration pages on the modem, I'm trying to avoid another factory reset because it takes about an hour to redo the config and test with everybody we need to connect to. TPG could make this easier by allowing clients to use the backup/restore functionality in the modem but it's hidden behind a higher access level user instead.

wayner3
Level 3

Fix applied by engineering at 1:32pm today. We now have sidetone and dial tone and can make an receive calls. 

Modem still reports "Telephone Status: Telephone service unavailable. Please check your account settings or register a new number."

Ahra_G

Hi @wayner3, are you getting this error when you pick up the handset? 

wayner3
Level 3

No, it's permanently on the modem's console. I can now make and receive calls on that number, but the message is still there, it may point to a problem in the modem.

BasilDV

Hi @wayner3 

If the service is working, please continue to observe and let us know if you experience any issues for real-time testing.

BasilDV