TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Phone Number Port didn't happen

SOLVED Go to solution
genoxy
Level 2
Hello TPG,

When I started the account process to transfer my existing TPG ADSL service to NBN I selected the option to port my original phone number to the new service.

I was told it would take 5 days which we let lapse plus additional time since I know SLAs aren't always met, today I contacted TPG to ask what is happening since it's been 2 weeks and I was told no port was requested.

I specifically remember doing this as it was very important to the household that we keep the same phone number.

The house belongs to my Grandmother who is elderly and the home phone is one of her only contacts with the outside world so a speedy reply and remedy would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
genoxy
Level 2
Problem sorted, thanks guys!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @genoxy,

Did you process the NBN order online or with one of our support team?

We checked the account and there was no porting that was requested.

Is the old phone number still active with your phone provider?

BasilDV

genoxy
Level 2
Hello,

NBN order was placed online. Yes I was told there was no porting requested but I definitely did add the request when I did it online. Phone service is still active with Telstra, but can only call out. Any calls made to the old number and it doesn't ring, new phone number provided by TPG works fine both incoming and outgoing calls but my Grandmother has had the old number for many, many years and doesn't want to get a new number. Can you still port it out?
BasilDV

Hi @genoxy

We'll have it checked with our Phone Engineers and will provide you update once available.

Please send me a PM with the old phone number that you want to be ported.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

genoxy
Level 2
Thanks message sent
BasilDV

Message received.

Thank you @genoxy.

BasilDV

genoxy
Level 2
Problem sorted, thanks guys!
BasilDV