TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Telephone drops out frequently

brhodges
Level 2

Dear TPG,

I am the  TPG contact for my mother in law as she is 90 yrs old. Here new telephone connection through the NBN is frequently is not working. At least twice a week someone has to go round to her place and turn the NBN box and modem off and on (she cannot do this herself as she is partially sighted). This always fixes the problem. 

Is there anything we/you can do to stop this happeneing? She needs her phone to communicate as her age and eyesight means she cannot use a mobile phone nor a computer or tablet. The telephone connected to the modem is a Care/Oricom 80 designed for the vision impaired.

Thanks Tim

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @brhodges ,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'd love to help check the status of the phone service and get to the bottom of this. Send me the account details (Customer ID/Username) together with the address on file.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@brhodges wrote:

Dear TPG,

I am the  TPG contact for my mother in law as she is 90 yrs old. Here new telephone connection through the NBN is frequently is not working. At least twice a week someone has to go round to her place and turn the NBN box and modem off and on (she cannot do this herself as she is partially sighted). This always fixes the problem. 

Is there anything we/you can do to stop this happeneing? She needs her phone to communicate as her age and eyesight means she cannot use a mobile phone nor a computer or tablet. The telephone connected to the modem is a Care/Oricom 80 designed for the vision impaired.

Thanks Tim

Shane

Hi @brhodges,

Just making follow up with the status of the phone service, please update this thread and should you require assistance.

Cheers!

Dear TPG,

Thanks Tim