TPG Community

Get online support

NBN landline stopped working last 3 days, but have internet/wi-fi

lmfoward
Level 2

Past 3 days my landline has stopped working but internet ok.  I've tried checking wires, rebooting modem, even bought new phones - still not working. To make things worse I don't get mobile reception in the home. Although I reported this multiple times to TPG and they said it would be dealt with urgency we never heard anything back from them.  This means I cannot even work with tech while in the home. The only communication we can use is internet/Wi-Fi. My husband and I both have critical health issues - help !

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @lmfoward

Welcome to the Community! 

Based on the account located using your Community details, the issue has been escalated with our Engineering Team with an utmost priority. 

I have since chased this with their team and should be in touch anytime soon to provide updates. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @lmfoward

One of our Engineers has tried contacting you on the mobile number we have on file to no avail. 

They will need to perform troubleshooting along with you as the test appears that the homephone should be working by now. Your phone is reliant on your internet to work, and since we can see that the internet is up and running, we need to check for other possible cause as to why the phone is not working. 

If you happen to have a spare handset, please try and test it on the modem. You may also let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call so I can arrange a contact to be made from one of our Engineers. 

Thank you. 

Ahra_G

Hi @lmfoward

I realised that one of the Senior Engineers has been in touch and has organised to send out a modem. 

Should  you have further concerns, you may respond to the SMS sent by our Engineering Team or just let us know here. 

Regards,

Ahra_G