TPG Community

Get online support

New TP Link TP Link VX420-G2h and no phone

jgwall
Level 3

I have installed a TPG supplied TP Link TP Link VX420-G2h as a replacement modem for my TPG supplied Archer VR1600v which was faulty. I now have internet access and WiFi is working throughout the house. The phone is not working and the phone light on the modem is not lit. I have a ticket open with TPG Technical support. I understand the MAC address needs to be registered for my VOIP to work. How long will this take please, as the house phone is an urgent requirement. 

11 REPLIES 11
Ahra_G

Hi @jgwall

The homephone issue is now being investigated by our Engineers. Your SMS have also been received. 

Please ensure to keep the modem powered on for remote testing purposes. Updates will be communicated as soon as it's available. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

jgwall
Level 3

Thanks for the update. The home phone is a requirement for medical reasons, so I am a little anxious that it is sorted as soon as possible. 

Angeli

Hi @jgwall

A case engineer will be contacting you by phone today.

Regards,

Angeli

jgwall
Level 3

I have been contacted and the problem seems to be that the MAC address of the new modem is not registered to my landline phone number. I really need this sorted out as the landline is required for medical contacts. 

Angeli

Hi @jgwall

Your phone issue has been escalated to the relevant team and your case engineer should be in contact with you for updates whenever available. 

Regards, 

Angeli

jgwall
Level 3

The phone service is an URGENT requirement for medical reasons. Two days to sort this out, and really it's a simple issue, is just not good enough. My old modem worked with the phone service, so can someone please register the new MAC address (6C-5A-B0-08-0A-02)  and get my phone service back on line .

Angeli

Hi @jgwall

Our case engineer has sent you an SMS earlier regarding this matter and at the moment we're still waiting for the issue to be fixed. Feel free to respond to the SMS if you wish to make a follow up.

Regards,

Angeli

jgwall
Level 3

I understand that the case engineer is maybe doing their best to fix the issue. But, their best is far from good enough. The old modem worked, so why not the new one. Getting a MAC address to communicate with the phone number is not rocket science. I NEED it fixed as the phone line is a medical requirement for me. 

Shane

Our Engineers tried to contact you yesterday but no avail, could you send us a PM with your best contact number and preferred time so we can reschedule another call. 

I understand that the case engineer is maybe doing their best to fix the issue. But, their best is far from good enough. The old modem worked, so why not the new one. Getting a MAC address to communicate with the phone number is not rocket science. I NEED it fixed as the phone line is a medical requirement for me.