TPG Community

Get online support

No dial tone, but I have Internet

Dmitri
Level 2

No dial tone, but I have ADSL2 Internet.

If I call fro my mobile I hear it ring in my mobile, but no ringing tone on landline. 

4 REPLIES 4
Dmitri
Level 2

No dial tone, but I have ADSL2 Internet.

If I call fro my mobile I hear it ring in my mobile, but no ringing tone on landline. 

>>

Did some checks, my down/up speed are about half what I usually get. Removed all splitters and still no dial tione. Checked our handset with the neighbour, and working fine.

Dmitri
Level 2

Managed to talk to someone from TPG ( took a while, their lines are very busy, at one stage they bumped me straight off and advised to send a message via their website ) and they said an engineer would need to check, Awaiting an SMS to confirm time of visit.

Will

Hi @Dmitri

Welcome to the Community!

I do see here that the concern you've raised has been raised to our Engineering Team indeed. From what I can tell, this has been raised to Telstra for further assistance. We're currently awaiting for the appointment details. Once the information is available, the assigned Engineer will contact you via SMS or phone call to advise you about it. If you have other concerns or queries, feel free to leave a comment.

Regards,

Dmitri
Level 2

Thank you Will,

Received an SMS asking for best time of availability for a call, then another SMS and courtesy call that it was handed over to Telstra engineering and that my attendance itself is not required.

Hopefully fixed soon.