TPG Community

Get online support

Phone Connection on NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
michaeltatt87
Level 2

Hi, I have the NBN with home phone and the phone is connected straight into the NBN box on the wall. The phone worked for the first week but now I can not make or recieve calls. When I pick up the handset there is no dial tone and when someone rings the phone will ring but as soon as I answer it the call drops out. I have tried the two different phone ports and turn the box on and off but the problem still persists. My account shows as still be active. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaeltatt87
Level 2

Hi and thank you for the replies, I have been busy with work and have only been able to do the restart tonight. Turns out my handset is faulty and I need to get a new one. Thanks again for the help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi michaeltatt87

Welcome to TPG Community! 

I've managed to pull up an account using your Community details and ran remote tests which gave inconclusive results. 

We're sorry to learn that you're experiencing issues with the connection. I understand that you have tried testing multiple ports however the activated port for your phone line is the UNIV-1. You can try doing a factory reset on the NBN box. If you remove the cover, you will see a small pinhole that says 'reset' on the bottom part of the box. Press and hold it for 5 seconds or until all the lights on the box go blinking. 

Once done, wait until you get the lights back on the 'Optical' and 'UNID-1' then you can test the homephone again. 

If above steps failed, kindly send me your best contact time & number via private message so I can organise a call back to be made from our Technical Team for further assistance. 

We'll await for your response. 

Cheers! 

Ahra_G

Good day, michaeltatt87

Hope this message finds you well! 

We just want to check if you're still having issues with the homephone? Did the above troubleshooting steps worked? 

Should you still require assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can have our Technical Team to assist you. 

Thanks! 

michaeltatt87
Level 2

Hi and thank you for the replies, I have been busy with work and have only been able to do the restart tonight. Turns out my handset is faulty and I need to get a new one. Thanks again for the help

Ahra_G

You're very welcome, michaeltatt87

We're glad to know that  the issue has now been resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact us again should any assistance be needed. 

Cheers!