TPG Community

Get online support

Phone Number automatically changed

Glenn4486
Level 2

Hi TPG, 

Glenn here

Last week our home phone number changed by itself -  back to an old number we tryed to port over from telstra a few years ago to TPG and wouldnt port- so TPG issued us a new number.  That old number  has finally ported over properly and taken over the number on the line.  We Cannot receive incoming calls. We CAN ring out though. I have rang out to my mobile from the home phone and then,,  called that number back and it wouldnt ring our phone. But on the mobile it rings out- with the old number displaying on the screen to confirm it has changed.  

If i call the number that it just changed from last week- the new number TPG issued us with - it also does not ring this phone. 

Please help no one can call! 

I appreciate your time, thankyou for reading and hope we can fix the problem.

Glenn

9 REPLIES 9
Ahra_G

Hi @Glenn4486

When you ported a number, all incoming calls will not work until porting is successful. 

For NBN homephone, the porting should be completed within 1-5 working days. 

Let us have your Customer ID or the homephone number via PM so we can check the status of the phone service.

Thanks!

Ahra_G

Glenn4486
Level 2

Okay ill pm you. 

Glenn4486
Level 2

Update: 

TPG Just successfully called the home phone.  

But we try to ring both numbers that are active on the account and neither one rings this home phone.

the 9942 number  says  error "your call cannot be connected at this time ERROR code OCA0188" 

This is the number we wish to keep. 

This is the number we had up until last week when it changed by itself to the 

2259 number(failed port number) which when called  rings out and does not ring this phone.

How did TPG call our homephone if neither numbers work? 

Glenn4486
Level 2

Update:

We can no longer call out from the Homephone. We just get a engaged sound.

Angeli

Hi @Glenn4486

We've responded to your private message. Cheers!

Glenn4486
Level 2

TPG has removed the number we dont want and left just one number on the account now which is good and looks promising but when we ring the number it still says  "your call cannot be connected  error OCA0188"

Close to resolving the issue. Also the phone1 light on the Archer VR1600 modem is now not lit but if we pickup the phone- we have dial tone. 

Angeli

We've passed on your message to the assigned case officer and he should be in contact with you soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Glenn4486
Level 2

The phone works now perfectly with the correct number. Thanks very much for the help we really really appreciate it.  

Angeli

Hi Glenn, 

We are glad to be of help to you. Cheers!