TPG Community

Get online support

Phone line not working

kristycl
Level 2

Hi, unfortunately, it has now been 9 days since I lodged this complaint with TPG and a total of 13 days since my landline worked and my internet functioned at a reasonable speed. 

There appears to be more and more issues lodged regarding this. I have received several excuses from TPG saying that " the matter has been escalated with the technical team" and "the matter has been escalated to the engineering team" and no communication since the 27/02/19. As the problem is still unresolved and I am effectively paying for a service that I cannot use, I have been left with no other option but to raise this complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman for resolution, which is very disappointing.

https://www.tioonline.com.au/consumers/new/SubmitComplaintOnline.aspx

6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @kristycl

TPG at this stage is determined to resolve your complaint. It is just that we are also awaiting rightful answers from the appropriate department to complete our investigation. 

We also await Telstra's report regarding the visit today, 06 Mar. 

I'll ensure to have our Engineers to contact you on your mobile number to provide updates. 

We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

BasilDV

Hi @kristycl,

We understand that our Engineering team has sent a TPG technician today to help us with the investigation and found that the issue is within the external wiring. They will lodge the case with Telstra once again and request for a technician to fix the copper network.

Further updates will be given by our Engineering team.

Thank you for your patience.

BasilDV

xebedie
Level 3

So dissapointing to see many TPG customers without working phone lines. Phone and internet has been down for me for more than 30 hours. I am getting the same uselss platitudes from customer service "the issue has been escalated" - but it doesnt seem like anyone at TPG cares enough to actually work on restoring the service. 

I will take your advice and complain to the Ombudsman as well. 

Shane

Hi @xebedie.

We understand how much your service mean to you. Based on the latest escalated fault handled by our Engineering Team. We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the Telstra. This unfortunately means only Telstra technicians have the authority to fix this fault.

We have responded to your initial post located here. To avoid redundancy and confusion, please this thread.

FIVE DAYS to fix internet and landline?

We will treat this as a complaint and raise this to one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for further assessment and investigation. Updates from your Complaints will be provided via phone call or email once assessment is done after 24-48hrs.

So dissapointing to see many TPG customers without working phone lines. Phone and internet has been down for me for more than 30 hours. I am getting the same uselss platitudes from customer service "the issue has been escalated" - but it doesnt seem like anyone at TPG cares enough to actually work on restoring the service. 

I will take your advice and complain to the Ombudsman as well. 

xebedie
Level 3

@Shane 

Thanks for offering to raise the issue with a Complaints Resolution Manager.

However - could you explain exactly what this will achieve? I already made a complaint following the proceedure on your website and here is the response I recieved - 

Dear Dean,

Thank you for your email.

I apologise if this issue has caused inconvenience.

Please be advised that your connection issue has been forwarded to the Technical Escalations Team.

Kindly await further correspondence from them within 24 hours.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Jay | Customer Service | UserID: 14954

AND YOU KNOW WHAT? There was no correspondance recieved as promised by Jay after 24-48 hours. 

Eveyone who has communicated with me from TPG has said exactly the same thing as you have - but no one has offered an actual solution. 

Please advise. 

Shane

Hi @xebedie

We will pass this to the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager handling this caser for additional reference.

Let us continue the discussion on your thread located here to avoid redundancy and confusion.