TPG Community

Get online support

Setting up Tp-Link Archer VR600v modem for TPG voip telephone

tamaraillsley11
Level 2

Hi I just replaced my Huawei HG659 with a second hand (But brand new not used) TPG Tplink archer VR1600V. I have followed all the instruction on the TPG website to setup the Tplink and the Internet is working but voip is not (no ring tone). The telephone is connected into port = phone1. When you ring the number a message say the number is incomplete or incorrect. plus in the basic screen under the pic of the phone no telephone number?. see pic

Cheers Mark 

tplinkscreen.png

18 REPLIES 18
Will

Hi @tamaraillsley11

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, I was able to pull up your account and found out that you have already raised this with our Technical Team.

From what I can tell, this is now under the investigation by our Engineering Team. Updates about the case will be provided to you directly in the form of SMS or phone call.

Regards,

sonic
Level 2

Dear Sir

I have the same issue. (I use TPG FTTB(NOT NBN) / replace from HG659 to VR1600v(second hand/Supplied from TPG)

Internet access is OK.

I connected the phone to "phone1" socket but "Phone 1" LED is OFF.

I setting username and password in "pppoe_8_35_1_d" but still can't work it.

Could you please advice me?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Shane

Hi @sonic,

Welcome to the community!

We're able to locate your account using your Community Details. We're able to confirm that the home phone service is registered with our Supplied Huawei modem/router. We'd like to confirm where did you get your new modem/router.

Note: VoIP will only work on TPG's supplied modem/router.

Cheers!

sonic
Level 2

Dear Shane

Thank you for your quick replay.

I bought that modem from Cash Converters.

Because HG659's Wifi has a problem. I purchased this modem for troubleshooting.

I think Wifi Problem will be solved with a new modem.

Regards.

Shane

Hi @sonic,

Thanks for the confirmation.

We’ve optimised the setup to complement our specifically configured modem settings. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls on our TPG-NBN/FTTB service.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

sonic
Level 2

Dear Shane

Thank you for your quick action.

However, it does not work VoIP at this time. Do I wait for a few hours?

regards.

Shane

Hi @sonic,

The VoIP will not work using the 3rd party modem/router you bought. If you wish to use the VoIP Feature we recommend to use our supplied Huawei modem/router.

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

sonic
Level 2

Dear Shane

Is this modem the 3rd party modem/router? or TPG supplied modem/router?

regards.

Shane

Hi @sonic,

We recommend to use our supplied Huawei HG659. On the other hand, we're wondering if you can send us the S/N (TP-Link - second hand) and we'll check if we can do something this.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!