TPG Community

Get online support

Slow Router Control webpage and Internet speed getting slower over time

michaelwhtse
Level 3

I changed over to NBN about 2 months ago and it works fine in the start and then slow down more and more over time.  It takes about 2 hours to start slowing down.  Not only the internet speed slow down, but also the response of the router webpage (mine is 192.168.1.1).  Any click will take 5 to 10 seconds to response.  For example, clicking wireless, and then click status etc.

To fix the problem, all I need to do is to reboot the router and everything back to normal for another 2 hours or so.  

I have a USB Hard Disk attached to the router, and it also experiences the same problem.  After 2 hours or so, you hardly can browse the content in the LAN.

I have been keep rebooting the router as I do not have time to report the problem.  

The router was brand new and I wonder it is just a firmware upgrade?

I rang the helpdesk and they ask me to replace the modem. I prefer not as I am busy and out of home most of the time.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
michaelwhtse
Level 3

By the way, here is my firmware version:

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n
Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000
Shane

Hi @michaelwhtse,

We'd love to help see what causing slow connection with the service. I tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it does not show any matching records. But were able to confirm that your modem/router has the latest firmware version.

To better understand the situation, we'd like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

lohiram
Level 2

If your speed test confirms your internet is slow, you should try connecting to multiple websites and using multiple devices in your home if your Internet connection is slow. If the slowness is just with one website, it’s probably that website’s problem—not your internet’s. There’s not really anything you can do about this except wait for the people in charge of the website to fix it.

Narrowing down where the problem lies will help you fix it. Does the slowness just happen on one computer or all your devices? If it’s just one computer, you know the solution probably lies there. You may just have to reboot the computer, or you may need to perform a malware scan to check that everything is fine. If the slowness happens on multiple devices—multiple computers, for example, or your computer and your phone—then it’s almost certainly a network problem, and you’ll have to go to your router.

regards -