TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Home Phone & Internet Issues - ADSL Home Bundle.

Shane

We understand how frustrating it is to be without a working service @MinB and we're sorry to hear that it's taking longer than expected for the issue to be resolved. We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault.

We've seen that one of our Engineers has been in contact with you earlier today and advised the rescheduled ETR on 11/03/2020 provided by Telstra. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you.

Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

MinB
Level 4
NBN?
An NBN technician was out for NBN last Tuesday (18/02/2020) at our building and said he didn't deal with ADSL just NBN.

I spoke to him face to face.

Stop texting me and calling my mobile that has nothing to do with TPG - it's pointless. Try the home phone instead as it is TPG. Only - it's out of working order. Imagine if I didn't have a mobile. Unless you can physically locate to the main cable - you are doing absolutely nothing and aren't really working with Telstra at all. Not one bit. Texts and calls make no difference at all.

It went from Feb 8th to the 12th and then the 21st and now mid March. TPG does NOTHING and isn't in a position to do MUCH so stop annoying me with pointless calls and text messages.
MinB
Level 4

And please make sure they do something about ADSL. NBN might be fine, but ADSL is not. Keeps dropping out or is LITE or LIMITED. Not 100% at all.
MinB
Level 4
1) Still no phone.
2) No internet. Dodgy went to zilch.

I reckon class actions need to be taken and Australia needs to be more conscientcious about providing reliable cables and what have you.
MinB
Level 4

Please tell TELSTRA to UPDATE their website that has " no outages detected" for this location.

Not true. Very wrong.

Maybe NBN is working, but not ADSL.
MinB
Level 4
TPG needs to UPDATE for OUTAGES as well. One website that currently doesn't show the "real time" outages all over Australia.

Needs to be shown.
MinB
Level 4
27/02/2020. 6:10pm.

My neighbour's phone is working. I was there when it rang through about 10 minutes ago. IINET. After 20 days of no landlines - one phone is finally back on although a bit static. Although my phone now shows a DATE - it's still not working at all. No sound or a faint buzz maybe. Not quite a static sound at all and definitely no calling out. When ringing mine - it is exactly as the neighbours was for 3 weeks. Dir Dir Dir then no sound.

At least the unpredictable internet seems to be back somewhat, but how long for?

We need reliable internet like certain Asian countries. Even Europe. The cost of two coffees for unlimited internet and the phone.

LATEST ON TELSTRA - Cable damaged due to independent construction work.

Nothing to do with the flash storm at all!
MinB
Level 4
To Date: 28/02/2020. 4:15 pm.

IINET was the only one that was correct when it came to giving a date for the phone line to be fixed only that was the one phone. As of yesterday and today that neighbor still has a working landline and she is only metres away from my doorstep.
MinB
Level 4
TPG is still not showing a realistic view of all outages.
MinB
Level 4
03/03/2020 3:00 pm

TPG tried to call yet again...this time whilst I was at the dentist's. Please call the landline - whole point of getting one. Alas - it hasn't worked in a month. But you will likely have more of a chance than trying my mobile.

Email too - which has always been the suggestion and asked of TPG a number of times.

NOTE: Don't need a new extended time for repairs or a message about working closely with Telstra.

I just want to know - why is it the neighbor has a working phone line and I don't? Since February 27th, 2020.