TPG Community

Get online support

Telephone not working

Will

Hi @yedrupmt,

Our Engineering Team tried to contact you today, but they were unable to reach you. Please reply to the SMS sent as to when they can ring you back.

yedrupmt
Level 2

Thank you to all the staff that have been involved.

My telephone is now working.

Will

Great to hear that, @yedrupmt

Thanks for reaching back to us and letting us know of the outcome. Don't hesitate to contact us again should you require our assistance.

Cheers!

arzdfd
Level 2

@yedrupmt wrote:

My NBN was connected last week, the internet works but I have now found that the telephone only has a continuous dial tone and doesn't make or receive calls. I have restarted both the modem and the NBN connection device, is there something else I should do?

To check further as to why it's not working properly, can you confirm the following:

1. Ensure that there's no phones connected to any phonesocket in the house
  2. That the handset is connected directly to phone1 port without any filter or splitter
arzdfd
Level 2

@yedrupmt wrote:

Thank you for your response. The phone rang but when I picked up all there was was the dial tone.

1. There are no telephones connected to the telephone line, the telephone is connected to telephone port 1.

2. I reset the modem and the results are the same.

3. I have plugged into telephone port 2, same as before, I have also reset with the phone connected to port 2 and same result.

The telephone only has a dial tone, when I have dialed the number there is only a dial tone and nothing happens.

1. Ensure that there's no phones connected to any phonesocket in the house
  2. That the handset is connected directly to phone1 port without any filter or splitter