TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to dial 13 numbers from landline

robbauer
Level 3

Had the NBN installed at the beginning of the month.  Was uanble to receive incoming phone calls for nearly two weeks before an issue was resolved by the engineering department.  Now however I find that I can't dial 13 numbers.  All I hear when I dial a number beginning with 13 is a loud shrill screetching sound.  I can call other numbers such as mobiles, international etc, but not 13 numbers.

I've noticed on these forums that a number of other people have had the samed issue.  Can this be looked into please.

22 REPLIES 22
Shane

Hi @robbauer,

If you have a newly installed NBN service from ADSL2+ one of common cause of home phone issue is the 'Porting Process' of the old home phone number, which usually takes 1-5 working days.

If porting is completed, you may proceed with basic troubleshooting see links below.

We've seen that this issue has been escalated to our Engineering team and performed testing and investigation by the home phone service which resolved the issue. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

robbauer
Level 3

Hi @Shane,

This has nothing to do with a 1-5 working day delay in the porting process.  The porting process on my number was completed nearly three weeks ago. Initially I was unable to receive incoming calls and that issue was escalated to your engineering department and eventually resolved.  This however is a completely separate issue.

As stated in my initial post, I can make calls to all numbers EXCEPT for those beginning with 13. I receive a long beep everytime I make a call to a 13 number - including TPG's own customer support number.

This is still occurring as of five minutes ago.

For reference, the following post in your own forums is from another person who had the same problem I am experiencing and had it resolved:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Home-Phone-Voice/13-numbers-from-landline/m-p/40255#M5668

Again, I request that this issue be looked into

Shane

Hi @robbauer,

We've seen that this issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team and confirmed that call to 13 numbers are now working. Cheers!

andrewpaulett
Level 2

Hi there.

I also am experiencing the same problem - I can't dial 13xxxx or 1300 numbers.

Could you please have an engineer look at my connection also?  It is an internet phone, using an FTTC connection.

Thanks

AP

kuki
Level 2

Same here, we've changed over to the NBN a few months ago and now can no longer dial 13 and 1300 numbers like ATO and AGL

Shane

Hi @kuki,

Welcome to the community!

We're able to locate the account using your community details, I was able to confirm call for 13/1300 numbers are not excluded to NBN plan, there will be a 30 cents charge to the POIV balance for every call. 

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Same here, we've changed over to the NBN a few months ago and now can no longer dial 13 and 1300 numbers like ATO and AGL

kuki
Level 2

Hello Shane,

My NBN plan has a $20 extra talk on top the same as before with ADSL

Before the chnage to NBN I was able to dial 13 numbers but after the change I have not been able to dial 13 numbers, it won't connect.

Please also confirm if the 13 numbers is included in my unlimited call package or will it be charges seapartely? as previous years I have never been charged - always included in my voice add on package

Ahra_G

Hi @kuki

You are subscribed to the NBN SL Bundle Plan with Extra Talk Home Bundle.

The Add-On includes the following:

• Unlimited Local Calls
  • Unlimited Standard National Calls
  • Unlimited National Call to Mobiles
  • Unlimited International Call to 15 Countries*

Charges for calls that are not included in the NBN SL Bundle plan will be charged at Listed TPG rates on a 'pay as you go' basis and deducted from your prepaid balance. Calls to 19/1900 numbers are not supported.

Please check this TPG Rates list: Call Rates

Feel free to let us know should you have further queries. 

Cheers! 

alpha2020
Level 2

have we fixed this problem yet?? becuase i am having the exact same issue!!!