TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to receive calls on home phone

SOLVED Go to solution
nghiduong
Level 3

Hello TPG,

Since joining TPG on 02 May 23, I have been unable to receive home phone calls. For context, this number was ported from Optus and the home phone line has been unable to function ever since. I have attempted to contact TPG about the matter on 06 May 23 however was told to wait 3-4 business days. Having patiently waited, this issue has still not been resolved.I have also resetted the supplied TPG router and NBN modem numerous times all to no avail.

I have an elderly mother which is reliant on a home phone which I dial to conduct welfare checks. Kindly requesting a way ahead to resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nghiduong
Level 3
10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @nghiduong ,

Let us help see the status of the landline porting, could you shoot us a PM with your details to proceed? 

How to send a PM?

Regards,

Hello TPG,

Since joining TPG on 02 May 23, I have been unable to receive home phone calls. For context, this number was ported from Optus and the home phone line has been unable to function ever since. I have attempted to contact TPG about the matter on 06 May 23 however was told to wait 3-4 business days. Having patiently waited, this issue has still not been resolved.I have also resetted the supplied TPG router and NBN modem numerous times all to no avail.

I have an elderly mother which is reliant on a home phone which I dial to conduct welfare checks. Kindly requesting a way ahead to resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Regards.

nghiduong
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Sent PM. Thanks.

nghiduong
Level 3

Hi TPG,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for following up the issue with a call from the TPG technical department. Following troubleshooting, I was advised to wait this week for a resolution. Following patient waiting, this issue is yet to be resolved. Can you advise of when will this issue be rectified? This is now the third week of not being able to receive calls since joining TPG!

Awaitng your reply.

Regards.

Shane

Hi @nghiduong 

We chased this with our team. We will provide you a feedback as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,

Ahra_G

Hi @nghiduong, we realised that the Case Manager assigned has been in touch with you today and will get in touch again as soon as an update becomes available. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

nghiduong
Level 3

Hi TPG,

Thanks for the initial call on Monday. Following discussions, I was informed that they would provide me an update via call on Wednesday. It is now Friday and I still have not received an update to this situation. Can you please provide a update as to the progress of this issue and the expected timeframe that this problem will be fixed?

Angeli

Hi @nghiduong

We'll check on your porting status. Send us a PM with your TPG customer ID or username and we'll take care of it. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

nghiduong
Level 3

Hi TPG,

Firstly, thank you for sending me tracking updates via text message. Having been informed by text message that the problem (from my understanding, a porting issue) will be fixed yesterday I am furious to say this issue has still not resolved.

It has now been over one month since joining TPG and one month and counting that the home phone has not been able to receive calls. Effectively I am paying full price for a service that from my perspective does not work! Before I consider taking this case and raising a complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, I will give TPG the benefit of the doubt one last time. No doubt there will be a reply and I am wanting to see the following addressed in the reply:

1. What date will the porting be finalised?
  2. What date will I expect to see that all functions (internet and home phone) all working being able to send and receive calls?
  3. What compensation is TPG offering myself as a full paying customer for this inconvenience?

I am very frustrated that this issue has taken one month plus to resolve. I switched to TPG in good faith and from the recommendation from a family member that it was easy to switch to. This experience has left a very sour taste and following this debacle contemplating seeking a refund for all payments rendered so far to TPG.

I am awaiting your reply.

Shane

Hi @nghiduong 

Let us help check the progress of the landline number porting, could you send us a PM with your details to better understand the situation?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi TPG,

Firstly, thank you for sending me tracking updates via text message. Having been informed by text message that the problem (from my understanding, a porting issue) will be fixed yesterday I am furious to say this issue has still not resolved.

It has now been over one month since joining TPG and one month and counting that the home phone has not been able to receive calls. Effectively I am paying full price for a service that from my perspective does not work! Before I consider taking this case and raising a complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, I will give TPG the benefit of the doubt one last time. No doubt there will be a reply and I am wanting to see the following addressed in the reply:

1. What date will the porting be finalised?
  2. What date will I expect to see that all functions (internet and home phone) all working being able to send and receive calls?
  3. What compensation is TPG offering myself as a full paying customer for this inconvenience?

I am very frustrated that this issue has taken one month plus to resolve. I switched to TPG in good faith and from the recommendation from a family member that it was easy to switch to. This experience has left a very sour taste and following this debacle contemplating seeking a refund for all payments rendered so far to TPG.

I am awaiting your reply.