TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP Phone no longer working after Modem reset

geoscapes
Level 3

We rest our modem this morning after dropouts over the last few days. That seems to have fixed that issue but now the VOIP phone is no longer working.

Can you please call to resolve. Thanks  

21 REPLIES 21
Will

Hi @geoscapes 

Thanks for raising this with us. I have already made the necessary adjustments. Your homephone should be working now. Please test and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Will

geoscapes
Level 3

Hi,

OK thanks for doing this. However, if we have internet troubles in the future and reset our modem again, then we will have the same problem again and you will need to do stuff your end?

Thanks

Will

Hi @geoscapes 

If you allowed the modem to automatically configure on its own after the reset, then, there shouldn't be an issue getting the VOIP to work. Although there could be an instance where it may take time to for the settings to sink in.

geoscapes
Level 3

Hi, 

We have done this several times and the phone never sorts itself out. You guys always have to fix it. Can you please fix it again as it is down. We had to do a reset this morning. 

Will

Hi @geoscapes,

I'm sorry to learn that your phone service isn't working again.

It appears that although your modem can detect the signal, it's not authenticating to the server for some reason. This means that both internet and homephone aren't working. I'm unable to perform any remote troubleshooting at this point. Nonetheless, I have endorsed this case to our Technical Team to assist you further. Please expect a call before 4PM NSW today.

Will

Hi @geoscapes,

I can see that you were contacted by our Technical Team earlier. Based on the notes, you seem to have deducted that the modem is the issue and have advised that you'll be testing a different equipment.

Unfortunately, the homephone won't work with a 3rd-party modem. I'll be processing a free modem replacement since your equipment is still in warranty. You need to return the current modem once you receive the new one. We'll be requesting a post pack as well so you can return the old one without having to pay for a shipping fee. Can you send me a PM providing your delivery address?

Regards,

geoscapes
Level 3

How do I send a private message?

Will
Will

Thanks for providing us your shipping address, @geoscapes

As discussed via PM, you will receive an SMS or email once the consignment details are available.