VOIP failed again!

alanguide
Level 7

Sunday morning. Tried at 9:00. Internet (browser and email OK) Just VOIP. Last check was Sat so may have been off ever since then. Even a short time is a serious outage for us (elderly disabled wife not au fait with mobiles). Never happened before with PSTN on copper.

2 REPLIES 2
alanguide
Level 7

Update: It's now all come good.

Don't like it though. Less than 1 week VOIP trouble free.

Unfortunately, during the attempts to restore VOIP I powered the modem off and on again. That might have nothing to do with it as all lights (even phone) were normal and the rest of the net including email were fine, but If that is what fixed the problem, this is much less than satisfactory. I was on line from 2016 before without a power reboot ever  beeing necessary. Might just be a coincidence.

Shane

That is seems weird, let us monitor the VoIP connection for the next 24-48hrs in the event issue will occur again. We will arrange our Technical Team to contact you for real-time test and investigation. 

Update: It's now all come good.

Don't like it though. Less than 1 week VOIP trouble free.

Unfortunately, during the attempts to restore VOIP I powered the modem off and on again. That might have nothing to do with it as all lights (even phone) were normal and the rest of the net including email were fine, but If that is what fixed the problem, this is much less than satisfactory. I was on line from 2016 before without a power reboot ever  beeing necessary. Might just be a coincidence.

Sunday morning. Tried at 9:00. Internet (browser and email OK) Just VOIP. Last check was Sat so may have been off ever since then. Even a short time is a serious outage for us (elderly disabled wife not au fait with mobiles). Never happened before with PSTN on copper.