TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP not working but internet OK

mr_nick
Level 2

I am currently unable to use my home phone - when I pick up the phone I hear what appears to be a 'busy' signal and I cannot dial out. If somebody tries to call my number they are met wirth a message saying 'the number you have dialled is not valid'. The VOIP light on my modem is not lit. I have tried multiple reboots and disconnecting cables etc but nothing gets the VOIP working. My internet service is unaffected and working perfectly.

I have seen similar reports on the forum and these have been fixed by TPG doing something at their end so can I ask for somebody to please take a look at mt service and try to get my phone working again please?

9 REPLIES 9
JovemarL

Hi @mr_nick

Welcome to the Community! 

I've already reprovisioned and fix your digital phone.

It should be up and running now.

Can you please check and let us know if you still have issue.

Thanks,

mr_nick
Level 2
'The number you are calling is incomplete or not connected' is the message I now get when calling home. Won't be home for a few hours yet so can't confirm whether I can call out but I'm guessing that as I can't call inwards then the problem isn't fixed.
JovemarL

@mr_nick

Please check and let us know if you the issue is fix or not when you get home later.

mr_nick
Level 2
Just got home and the phone is now working. Had to reset all my modem settings as it seems to have undergone a factory reset but other than that, all is well.

Thanks for the quick fix.
lisachan47
Level 2

Hi there, my home VoIP is not working which is bundled with the FTTB. Can you please check?

Shane

Hi @lisachan47,

We're sad to know that you're having difficulty with the home phone.

We ran an initial test to the connection it shows error which requires a reboot of modem/rotuer.

Do reboot the modem/router for 3-5mins let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

lisachan47
Level 2

Rebooted last night already

Shane

Thanks, PM us your best contact number and preferred time. We'll arrange one of our Technicians to contact you for further test and investigation.

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

lisachan47
Level 2

Just rebooted again, but still got the "invalid" message