VOIP not working

SOLVED Go to solution
starejpes
Level 2

VoIP is working with standard modem/router.

VoIP is working with PBX for outbound calls.

VoIP is not working with PBX for inbound calls . Message is "congestion with error code OCA0142" when call inbound.

CHANSIP

TPG_Trunk/08XXXXXXXX   172.26.0.17   Yes        Yes            5060     OK (88 ms)

SIP

uni-v1.tpg.com.au:5060 Y  08XXXXXXXX  105 Registered           Thu, 13 Feb 2020 03:56:28

The number is intentionaly masked by XXXXXXXX.

Shane

Hi @starejpes,

Welcome to the community!

What troubleshooting have you done so far? To better understand the situation, PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). We'll run remote test to your home phone.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

VoIP is working with standard modem/router.

VoIP is working with PBX for outbound calls.

VoIP is not working with PBX for inbound calls . Message is "congestion with error code OCA0142" when call inbound.

CHANSIP

TPG_Trunk/08XXXXXXXX 172.26.0.17 Yes Yes 5060 OK (88 ms)

SIP

uni-v1.tpg.com.au:5060 Y 08XXXXXXXX 105 Registered Thu, 13 Feb 2020 03:56:28

The number is intentionaly masked by XXXXXXXX.

starejpes
Level 2

Hi Shane

Yes, I have been in contact with one of your technician. It does not solve my issue completely.

My original issue (solved by technician) was that my phone did not register automaticaly after AC1600 reconfigured to "Factory default".

My next issue comes from fact of my limited mobility, I am frequently not able run fast enough and mostly I miss the call. I need to have phone in the kitchen, living room and garage to be able to respond the calls. I am using another SIP provider currently who allow me to setup home PBX, but I would like to use TPG.

Regards current  status.

I managed getting standard TPG Analog phone running (with help of your technician, as above)

I managed VoIP phone (Grandstream) working with TPG details (but only single phone)

I managed PBX to be registered with TPG account. (able to call out, but not able to receive calls OCA0142 message).

Can you please indicate what OCA0142 exactly means and how can I fix it.

Best regards

Jindrich

Shane

Hi @starejpes,

TPG NBN-VoIP will only works using standard analog handset. We recommend to use PBX handset with the standard setup. We checked the Error OCA0142 unfortunately our Home phone Engineers do not have reference with the handset.

If you wish to know the cause of Error message we recommend to contact the Handset Manufacturer support. 

Note: The VoIP service will only work on the handset connected to directly to the modem/router phone port 1.

We also did an article that you may find helpful.

Where to plug in your telephone handset with NBN?

Regards,