TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP service not working - URGENT

Anjana92
Level 2

Hi,

For a few months, I have been facing the problem with the VOIP service not working with my wifi. I was using an external provider's VOIP service with TPG wifi internet however it suddenly stop working. TPG replaced with new modem however still it's not working. If I connect with my mobile 4G (not tpg) net it works perfectly and also I tried my friend's wifi network it works with my VOIP (Yealink set ) service from VoIP line telecom (https://www.voipline.net.au/). TPG and VoIP line both say they do not have a problem with their service. When I found it's not working only with tpg wifi, there should be some problem with TPG service. So, frustrated last try to resolve in the forum if not thinking to change the internet provider.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @Anjana92,

What troubleshooting have you performed so far? To better understand the situation, send us your details via PM.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

For a few months, I have been facing the problem with the VOIP service not working with my wifi. I was using an external provider's VOIP service with TPG wifi internet however it suddenly stop working. TPG replaced with new modem however still it's not working. If I connect with my mobile 4G (not tpg) net it works perfectly and also I tried my friend's wifi network it works with my VOIP (Yealink set ) service from VoIP line telecom (https://www.voipline.net.au/). TPG and VoIP line both say they do not have a problem with their service. When I found it's not working only with tpg wifi, there should be some problem with TPG service. So, frustrated last try to resolve in the forum if not thinking to change the internet provider.

Thank you!

david64
Level 15

Hi @Anjana92 . It is odd that TPG would replace your router if it is only your phone not working. The TPG router has special code that only works with their VOIP server. You say you are using a third party - voipline - and using a Yealink IP phone. The IP phone appears to the router just like a computer or tablet.

Can you check the config of the Yealink phone. There should be a hostname or ip address corresponding to the voipline server and a port number.

Using your computer, can you ping the hostname or ip address?

Then try    tracert -d   hostname or ip address