TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP set up TP link- VC321-G2H

manhei64
Level 2

I would like to use my own modem (TP Link VC321-G2H) to access my NBN home phone number. Even after spending hours on TPG support phone line, I have not been able to get the necessary connection details.

According to my modem's page I need:

1. Registrar IP
  2. User name
  3. Password

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi manhei64.

TPG's VOIP service requires the use of their supplied wifi router to connect your telephone. And it is the one that connects to the NBN box.

You can use your TPLink device as a wifi extender for the TPG router or to connect extra ethernet devices.

You could turn off the wifi on the TPG router and just use the TP Link wifi.

manhei64
Level 2

So this means no other choice for me to set up voip from my new modem. I did used the tehter apps & asking for some sip address & username & password.

david64
Level 15

That's the situation regarding TPG. They say it in other posts from users wanting to use their own modem.

You might be able to investigate a commercial VOIP provider separate from TPG. Also, an Analog Telephone Adaptor to interface your analog telephone to the ethernet port on the router.

If you have NBN FTTP, the analog telephone connects to the FTTP box, so it shouldn't make any difference what router is used.

david64
Level 15