VoIP dropout

hatho
Level 3

From time to time the VoIP is dropping out and I'm only made aware of it when someone calls me on my mobile to say they are receiving a message when they call my number to say it's not a number and is reporting the error OCA 0101.  However, on the modem the VoIP lights remains steady on the ON yellow colour, I believe this occurs when my internet connection drops out (a problem in itself and usually during the night) and then comes back on later but the VoIP doesn't connect.  Does my modem require a firmware update and, if so, how do I got about doing this? I cannot see anywhere on the Huawei Home Gateway page.

6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi hatho

Welcome to the TPG Community! 

I was able to locate your account using your Community details and have checked the status of the connection. 

It shows no evident line fault that should affect the VoIP service, though it does rely on the internet to function. We'll have the error checked as well as the firmware if it needs an update. If it's not too much, could you please send us a screenshot of the current modem firmware from the Huawei Gateway page via private message? 

We'll wait for your kind response. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi hatho

Good day! 

We just want to know if you are still experiencing issues with the VoIP service? If so, please let us know so we can have our Technical team to assist you further. 

Cheers! 

hatho
Level 3

How do I send a private message?

BasilDV

Hi @hatho,

Click here for the link on how to private message in the TPG Community.

Kind regards,

Ahra_G

Thanks for passing on the details, hatho. I'll organise a call back to be made from our Technical team to further assist you on this. 

Can I please have your best contact time & number via PM? 

Ahra_G

Got the details, hatho! I'll organise the call back tomorrow between 2PM-3PM on the number you provided via PM.

Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Cheers!