TPG Community

Get online support

Voice Telephone occasionally not working even though dial-tone.

coolmobility
Level 3

Our Voice telephone has been working fine until yesterday when we had power outages in 3880 postcode district. Then a subsequent NBN failure late last night.

Now we have phone failures - mid call or unable to call.

Internet is on, dial-tone on phone but unable to dial out or receive. Just get high pitched noise at times.

13 REPLIES 13
coolmobility
Level 3

Got onto TPG after holding on phone for over 20 minutes and they had no solution, even when Internet went down again. Asked me to switch off modem then on again and it had been RESET so had to redo new admin password and SSID names and passwords.

Got Internet going again but phone still has dial-tone but once you dial a number just get high pitched and loud tone and can't receive calls either.

TPG still working on it (supposedly), but hours later no change.

Will

Hi @coolmobility 

Thanks for raising this with us.

I checked your account and from what I can tell, this issue was raised to our Engineering Team yesterday and is currently under investigation. Updates will be provided to you directly via SMS or phone call by one of our Engineers.

Regards,

Will

coolmobility
Level 3

We were told that yesterday afternoon, but no communications as to what, if anything, is being done to rectify the issue.

I'm a quadriplegic wheelchair user, and the landline is our main communication with Support Workers to assist me. They could try phoning and we wouldn't know.

coolmobility
Level 3

Finally a TPG Ticket #9974785 was sent by SMS. Still no phone though or explanation.

Sent email to techops@tpg.com.au, as requested.

Will

Hi @coolmobility

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received an update yet. We'll chase this up with our Phone Engineers.

coolmobility
Level 3

Thank you.

coolmobility
Level 3

Just been notified that there is a 'problem' with the TPG Technology for phone services and we are not the only ones affected, yet TPG Service Status has no reported issues listed in VIC! 
https://www.tpg.com.au/support/servicestatus.php?timeframe=last24

What's the use of having a Support Status page that doesn't show FAULTS? Not impressed.

BasilDV

Hi @coolmobility,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

The outage in the area on affected a few TPG customers, which is why it is not posted on our Service status page.

Our Engineers are monitoring the case and will be in touch with you as soon as an update becomes available.

Regards,

BasilDV

coolmobility
Level 3

Despite assurances of a SMS, email or phone call when service restored, we just received three phone calls from business people and friends, who had been trying to call for days. So service is back running after over two days without.
Still no SMS, Email or phone call to mobile or landline to advise the situation has been rectified - somewhere, somehow...  Not the customer service I expected from TPG, who were so good in sales and setup support.