Voip Service

DavTer
Level 2

Have Dlink VX420.g2v TPG Modem with data service running.  (Also have Mobile service running quite OK)

What is involved it hooking up handsets to the modem, IE simply have existing iPhone mobile but now also a VOIP service, ie a handset connected to the existing RG11 plug on the modem and so have two sources for phone calls. ????

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @DavTer ,

The VoIP service will only work using the TPG-supplied modem, and only one handset will work at a time; it must be connected to the phone port of the modem.

Regards,

Have Dlink VX420.g2v TPG Modem with data service running.  (Also have Mobile service running quite OK)

What is involved it hooking up handsets to the modem, IE simply have existing iPhone mobile but now also a VOIP service, ie a handset connected to the existing RG11 plug on the modem and so have two sources for phone calls. ????

david64
Level 15

Hi @DavTer . You said "Dlink VX420.g2v". Sure it's not a TP-Link VX420 which is one of the standard models provided by TPG?

When you took out the service, did you request a VOIP home phone? If so, you would have been put on Bundled NBN/VOIP plan and given a phone number, or your old number would have been ported over.

You can use a standard phone, cordless phone, or cordless phone with remote handsets in one Phone port.

You can connect the mobile phone to the router wifi but can't make calls via wifi yet..

alanguide
Level 7

I am at the moment on FTTN, and have a TpLink VX420-g2h and I run two handsets off the phone port. Only one port and one number of course, but my desk phone is in parallel with my cordless base.

However, I am very soon changing to FTTP and then the handsets will go across direct to the NTD on UNI-V1,and the UNI-D1 will be patched to WAN, and the dsl patch removed.