TPG Community

Get online support

What kind of phone to use on TPG supplied TP-Link AC1600

SOLVED Go to solution
kendra69
Level 2

I was on the ADSL2+ plan before, with an old style analogue (Telstra) phone plugged into the phone socket directly.

Now that I've been forced to move onto the NBN (Thanks Kevin 07), what now that I am on NBN box / TP-Link Ac1600 . Will that old analogue phone still work, or MUST I get a new IP phone ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @kendra69 . You would have requested your old phone number be ported to NBN connection. Your analog phone plugs into the phone1 (usually) socket on the Archer router. You can select the $0 PAYG phone plan and receive calls but make prepayment to make calls, or select one of the pay for plans which have included calls.

View solution in original post

david64
Level 15

@kendra69 . The PAYG plan has $20 prepayment which tops up at $10 (no included calls). The pay for plans ($10 or $20 per month) need a prepayment for calls not included in the plan.

https://www.tpg.com.au/nbn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @kendra69 . You would have requested your old phone number be ported to NBN connection. Your analog phone plugs into the phone1 (usually) socket on the Archer router. You can select the $0 PAYG phone plan and receive calls but make prepayment to make calls, or select one of the pay for plans which have included calls.

kendra69
Level 2

Hi @david64 just tested and it's actually working ! Amazing, I can't believe that TPG has actually got this right, by sending an appropriate modem which accepts an analogue phone ! 

So I was on the pre-paid plan with ADSL2+ which topped-up automatically when prepaid amount dips below $10 (or was it $20). Can I assume that's also going to be the same?

david64
Level 15

@kendra69 . The PAYG plan has $20 prepayment which tops up at $10 (no included calls). The pay for plans ($10 or $20 per month) need a prepayment for calls not included in the plan.

https://www.tpg.com.au/nbn