TPG Community

Get online support

Why has TPG disabled my outgoing home phone despite taking money from my bank account for that bill??

mgarvey18
Level 2

Why has TPG disabled my outgoing home phone despite taking money from my bank account for that bill??

I am disabled and tried faxing my doctor late yesterday and last night for 18 hours consistantly (auto dialing) but got busy tone on each call!

So I tried phoning my doctor's surgery this morning for an hour and a half constantly but only got busy tone during that time!

So I tried phoning my mobile phone that wasn't being used and was just sitting in front of me but I only got busy tone on my home phone again and my mobile didn't ring!!

Ahaa!! So TPG disabled my home phone from making ANY calls out!! Great!! They have taking the money for my home phone bill out of my bank account every month so it's not like I haven't paid them. I've always had the money in my account for my TPG bills.

I have life support exemption with Synergy my power company but TPG don't have that sort of thing. This is not good when you're trying to make medical calls.

Anyway, what am I to do??

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Rica_R

Hi @mgarvey18,

We want to resolve this issue for you. Can you PM me the concerned home phone number and we'll have a look at what's causing why you can't ring out?

How do I private message (PM) in the community? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093/highli...

mgarvey18
Level 2

Well after hours of messaging back and forth the original case manager Patrick Jordan still refuses to re-enable my home phone service. This is despite me providing him with the details of my last two months home phone service payments.

So I was and am still not able to fax off an urgent request for 4 prescriptions from my Doctor that I need as I cannot get an appointment to see him for 3 weeks!!

The only positive from those hours yesterday was that Jhoey said he would do as I requested was arrange for a different case manager to Patrick Jordan for me.

Shane

Hi @mgarvey18,

We will chase this with our Complaints Resolution Team for additional reference on the ongoing complaints. We will provide you the feedback as soon as update becomes available.

Regards,

Well after hours of messaging back and forth the original case manager Patrick Jordan still refuses to re-enable my home phone service. This is despite me providing him with the details of my last two months home phone service payments.

So I was and am still not able to fax off an urgent request for 4 prescriptions from my Doctor that I need as I cannot get an appointment to see him for 3 weeks!!

The only positive from those hours yesterday was that Jhoey said he would do as I requested was arrange for a different case manager to Patrick Jordan for me.

Shane

Hi @mgarvey18,

Our Complaints Resolution Team will reassign the case to a different case manager. You should receive an update from them via email within 24 hours from now.

Regards,

mgarvey18
Level 2

Thank you Shane.

So I gather you aren't going to be the new case manager? Or maybe??

I did mention to Jhoey (and that Patrick) that I would be phoning my bank today for two reasons.

Firstly, asking why aren't ALL transactions successful and unsuccessful shown on statements. Secondly I want statements for the bank account applicable for August, September and October showing ALL transactions  successful and unsuccessful shown. I also want a statement of any and all "insufficient funds" notices or whatever that were sent to TPG during those months.

The reason I'm telling you this is that when I phone my bank I could be on hold for 30 minutes plus and TPG still has illegally disabled my home phone for outgoing calls!! I cannot use my mobile because it is faulty because it ill randomly and very rapidly open and close apps on my phone making it unusable until I can at least kill any apps open, clean my phone of any cache left by those apps and even then I only have very limited time I can use it before it goes nuts again randomly opening apps! So even if I could phone my bank there no way I could reliably stay on hold for 30 minutes plus!

So I need TPG to re-enable my home phone service - which by the way I have paid for for the past two months - so that I can phone my bank and arrange for the COMPLETE bank statements request by your customer relations.

So, unlike Patrick, I trust that you have commonsense and will see that my home phone service IS re-enabled so I can contact my bank ASAP.

Regards,

Mark

Shane

We will relay this to the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager handling this case. We suggest to contact them via return email to avoid confusion at the same time to receive real-time update.

BasilDV

Hi @mgarvey18

We understand that you've been in contact with your case manager via Email and the case has been explained.

This is now being monitored by your case manager and updates will be provided once available.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV