TPG Community

Get online support

blocking or unblocking my number on a call by call basis

yellow35
Level 2

Hi, sometimes i have to block my number for outgoing calls - but not always. With my previous carrier, it just required adding several numbers in front of the particular number i was dialling.

I am now on tpg nbn cable 50 bundle with landline phone. 

Can i block and unblock my number as required by checking the appropriate box in the "Digital Voice Service Control Panel" in My Account ? 

If so, does the selection come into effect immediately ?

3 REPLIES 3
sajalm

Hi @yellow35 ,

Welcome to the community,

Pls check this link, it may help you,

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/TPG-Home-Phone-Voice-Features/ba-p/975

Regards,

Sajal

yellow35
Level 2

Ok Sajal, thanks but I have already checked out that page in My Account.

what i want to know, before i change the current setting, is whether a change is effective immediately for each call i make? 

The reason i ask is that some people in the past have complained  that their choice of number blocking takes days to take effect. But i dont  know which carrier they are customers of.  

david64
Level 15

Hi yellow35.

It's rather cumbersome to go to My account each time you want to block your number. Nevertheless, you could try it just by calling your own mobile phone (or someone you know). 

But try this:

https://exchange.telstra.com.au/how-to-block-your-number-when-calling-someone/

(Don't know if this works with VOIP function with NBN.)

Block your number on a call by call basis

From a home phone, dial 1831, then the number you’re calling.

From a mobile phone, dial #31#, then the number you’re calling.

Block your number permanently

For mobile phones, most phones include a “show my caller ID” settings in the settings, which you can turn off. The location of this setting varies from mobile to mobile, but is usually located in Main Menu, then Tools or Settings, then Phone. For more information, please check your mobile phone manual.

Call us on 13 22 00 to discuss options for blocking your number on a permanent basis.
‏‏‎‎‏‏‏‎