TPG Community

Get online support

how to transfer fixed landline to VOIP

IanAskQuestion
Level 2

I have a fixed land line and am wanting to stop paying the monthly line fee and convert it to a VOIP phone and have the current line number ported.

Want to use my existing modem and not have to use a TPG supplied one.

Who do I contact to get this organised as I contacted sales and they did not know anything about how to request this?

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @IanAskQuestion 

The VoIP will only work with the TPG supplied modem/router as we use our special firmware.

We offer a free modem/router for a 6 month contract and you'll only pay the $10 shipping fee.

You can still use your current modem/router as an access point to boost your home WiFi network.

Feel free to share your thoughts with us, and we'll work together to find the perfect plan for you!

BasilDV

IanAskQuestion
Level 2

Hi Basil DV

Hate to inform you that all modem/routers do VOIP as a normal part of the hardware. 

This is what we deploy for out home based satff from the department. Noramally we use the Netcomm or Netgear range.

Some of the specail sites use the certified CISCO equipment.

So what has been does on your equipment, in a technical manner, that makes it special for VOIP. The QOS setting maybe?

BasilDV

Hi @IanAskQuestion

The firmware of the TPG provided device is specially made for our VoIP to work.

IanAskQuestion
Level 2

give then modem is a standard tp-link AX1500 has it been clean of the spyware that is installed because the CCP requires it to be installed?

TP-Link routers implanted with malicious firmware in state-sponsored attacks - Help Net Security

Also as I say this a cheap $60 router. My existing $500 one shoudl be acceptable to do the work this does should it not?