TPG Community

Get online support

internet is working for me but phone calls are stopped, don't know the problem

najir12
Level 2

Over the weekend I lost home phone line which was plugged into the wall sockets. Spoke to a technician from TPG yesterday & they told me I now need to plug my phone into line 1 on the back of my modem.

I have done this with several phones but have no noise/dial tone at all.

Also I have an elderly mother which needs a phone next to her bed in the back part of the house which cannot reach the modem, how can I set this up?

Can someone please advise asap

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @najir12 ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the home phone, we tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it shows no matching records found. Shoot me a private message with your account details (Customer ID/Username together with the address on file) to better understand the situation.

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

david64
Level 15

Hi najir12. When you said "line 1" for the phone, it is the Phone1 port, not the Lan1 port.

If you have FTTP connection, it is the Uni-V1 port on the NBN box. 

Regarding a phone for your mother, you could use a telephone base station connected to the router with cordless remote handsets. That depends on how far to the back of the house. 

It may be possible to modify the phone wiring in your house so that the one cable from the router can drive 2 or 3 standard phones through a double adaptor type of connection. 

funnelworks
Level 2

Before getting into the business world for starting up new work, please do learn about the marketing funnels. Also the answer for the question (“how marketing funnel works?”) is, it will work on the method you are being applied in the workplace.

michaeleedberg
Level 2

It's the million dollar question when something appears to be unrealistic, is this item genuine!? Indeed, Kinguin has attempted to address this issue by offering clients their, kinguin "great", Buyers Protection program which offers a total unconditional promise if the item key doesn't work. At last saying, regardless of whether we're not genuine, you will at present be covered.