no phone

SOLVED Go to solution
Kaz
Level 2
Level 2

I have successfully connected internet with new modem, but there is no phone service. I have dial tone, but cannot make outgoing calls. When number is called from my mobile I get a message-not connected.

Could you please check and let me know what I need to do next? Many thanks. Kaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Good day @Kaz,

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and was able to resolve the issue on your Home phone. Let us know should you require any assistance.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Kaz did you just get the NBN connected today? If so it can take up to a day or two to port your number across from your previous PSTN operator, in reality it can happen much sooner. What model Modem / Router are you using? The Huawei HG 659 for instance will generate a dial tone if the VOIP service is active even before the number is ported.

Kaz
Level 2
Level 2

My connection was last week. Am using tpg modem provided. Just not sure what is next step.

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Kaz as long as you have a green VOIP light on the modem and your phone or cordless base station is plugged into the phone 1 socket on the modem that's all you need to do normally.

If it was a TPG supplied modem it would've been configured with the correct VOIP settings.

If you've changed any settings try and put the modem back to a factory reset state which actually puts it back to how it was shipped to you rather than how it left the factory.

If that fails just call Technical support on 13 14 23 (option 2)

Riezl

Hi @Kaz,

Welcome to the Community!

We have managed to locate an account using your community details and was able to check the status of the service.

We are not detecting any fault on the network at the moment, but we have refreshed the connection. Are you able to check if the phone service is now working?

If you are still having issues, please let us know so we can investigate further.

BasilDV

Good day @Kaz,

Just doing a follow up.

We've checked the account and seen that the home phone came back to "not registered". I will arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it and help us with the troubleshooting needed to resolve the issue.

Please shoot me a private message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Good day @Kaz,

Just doing a follow up. We are still waiting for your contact details via PM for us to arrange a call from our Tech team to help us resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Good day @Kaz,

Thank you for sending your contact details via PM. Our Tech team has been informed and they'll be in touch within the day.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Good day @Kaz,

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and was able to resolve the issue on your Home phone. Let us know should you require any assistance.

Cheers!