no phone

whitepa
Level 3

So I recieved my new modem last week and connected it and have been unable to use my phone line ever since..

I have posted on the help line and had been updated a few times and then it was upgraded to an engineer, I was told 24 to 48 hours for an engineer to contact m.

I am still waiting, are they using the fixed land line which I explained will not ring on my end but will ring on the dialers phone giving the illusion the phone is working and not being picked up?

I am getting emails however telling me I owe money for delivery of the modem, but do I need to pay for it when I cant use my modem for its intended purpose?

I even purchased a new phone in case it was the handset itself which was faulty, still no help,

you may think being a loyal customer for over 10 years you would be looked after

I disconnected the handset from the modem and called my landline from my mobile phone and my mobile gave the ringing signal..

does this sound correct to anyone 

is it normal when restarting the modem that it takes 5 minutes for the internet to begin to work, my old HUAWEI would boot up in under 30 seconds

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @whitepa

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and confirmed that your modem is faulty.

A replacement has been requested along with a Post pack in order for you to return the faulty device for free.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer once available.

BasilDV