TPG Community

Get online support

people unable to call me and get a message that area is currently congested. Never had this before

hawkeyenic
Level 3

People are unable to call my landline at various times throughout the day/night. They recieve a message that the area they are trying to call is congested. The phone doesn't ring and they can hear no ring tone. This never happened until I changed ISP from DODO to TPG. How about fixing it!

25 REPLIES 25
BasilDV

Hi @hawkeyenic 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We were not able to detect any fault within the NBN network that may cause the issue.

Please test the incoming calls again as we've refreshed your connection remotely.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Shane

Hi @hawkeyenic,

Let us know if you still experience the same issue after we the initial test. Also we'd like to know what troubleshooting has been done.

Cheers!

hawkeyenic
Level 3

Apparently this is still occuring.  I didn't realise this ( for obvious reasons ) until I was informed today. Very annoying as some of these calls were quite important.  The only changes to the system were (1) you the ISP & (2) the modem you supplied. This never happened with the previous ISP.

hawkeyenic
Level 3

Unable to check at this time as it is a bit late. Also it is incoming calls so this is hard to check as I don't often call myself. Don't you understand what I mean.

hawkeyenic
Level 3

How do I check incoming calls if I don't get them? F##kwit.

hawkeyenic
Level 3

Call me on 0886xxxxxx and see if it works and then try to help.

hawkeyenic
Level 3

This is crap. Why did I sign up to TPG? **ing worst decicion of ISP' s so far. Won't ever reccomend them to anyone. Others say that DODO is crap. TPG is worse.

Shane

Hi @hawkeyenic,

We're sad to know that you feel that way. We ran an initial test to the service it shows a possible line fault causing service not to work.

We'd like to arrange one of our Technicians to contact you for further investigation and real-time testing. Let us know your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference:  How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

hawkeyenic
Level 3

@Shane wrote:

Hi @hawkeyenic,

We're sad to know that you feel that way. We ran an initial test to the service it shows a possible line fault causing service not to work.

We'd like to arrange one of our Technicians to contact you for further investigation and real-time testing. Let us know your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference:  How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

Best contact number is 08XXXXXXXX. Anytime Wednsday 28/08/2019

This fault doesn't occur all the time so may be hard find.

Also when I reported this about a month ago it was said there was no problem with the line but now there is?  What the **.