TPG Community

Get online support

2.4Ghz wireless timeout with no internet connection randomly

juno
Level 2

Hi TPG,

Lately, my 2.4ghz wireless have been having timeouts regularly impacting on the various smart home devices + google homes across the house which connect via 2.4ghz. Whenever i tried connecting on my phone to 2.4ghz, it shows up, it can connect but there would often be no internet connections.

5ghz works flawlessly though. Unfortunately i do need the 2.4ghz to be functioning for the extra range it has for the smart devices.

Read on other threads while i searched about this and it seems i'm not alone with this problem - some worse that others of course.  I'm guessing a module went a little cuckoo in the router. It's been in service for over 2-3 years now. Please advice what can be done. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
johnp

Hi

Please send me through Private Message your username , customer account number or mobile number attached to the service so i can assist.

John

juno
Level 2

Thank you. Just sent.

juno
Level 2

Hi Johnp,

It's been 2 weeks and i have yet to receive the new modem. 2.4ghz wireless still timing out 2-3 times a day.

Would you know when will it be fulfilled?

Tx

Samuel

Shane

Hi @juno,

We're able to locate your account using your community details and we've seen that you have been in contact with our Technical Chat Support team and processed a modem/router request in your behalf. Updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call when shipment becomes available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,