TPG Community

Get online support

2.4Ghz wireless timeout with no internet connection randomly

Highlighted
Level 1a

Hi TPG,

Lately, my 2.4ghz wireless have been having timeouts regularly impacting on the various smart home devices + google homes across the house which connect via 2.4ghz. Whenever i tried connecting on my phone to 2.4ghz, it shows up, it can connect but there would often be no internet connections.

5ghz works flawlessly though. Unfortunately i do need the 2.4ghz to be functioning for the extra range it has for the smart devices.

Read on other threads while i searched about this and it seems i'm not alone with this problem - some worse that others of course.  I'm guessing a module went a little cuckoo in the router. It's been in service for over 2-3 years now. Please advice what can be done. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi

Please send me through Private Message your username , customer account number or mobile number attached to the service so i can assist.

John

Highlighted
Level 1a

Thank you. Just sent.

Highlighted
Level 1a

Hi Johnp,

It's been 2 weeks and i have yet to receive the new modem. 2.4ghz wireless still timing out 2-3 times a day.

Would you know when will it be fulfilled?

Tx

Samuel

Highlighted

Hi @juno,

We're able to locate your account using your community details and we've seen that you have been in contact with our Technical Chat Support team and processed a modem/router request in your behalf. Updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call when shipment becomes available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,