TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ not connecting to Internet

dacdomy37
Level 2
Hi,

Got the notification today that our ADSL2+ installation was successful. As requested, had left the modem on and connected throughout the day. Came home but on our Netgear DGN3500, the Internet light is red, indicating no Internet connection. DSL light is green, indicating it is connected. Have tried resetting everything, no success. Can not access Internet at all. Any help is appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @dacdomy37,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that the ADSL2+ service is successfully installed, but the configuration of your modem is incorrect.

You need to configure the modem with your TPG account details. You may refer to this link for some basic instructions on configuring your Netgear modem.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

dacdomy37
Level 2
Hello BasilDV,

Our router brand was not on the list of brands in the guide; we have used the generic guide and still have had no success. The wizard at the router’s web interface never asks for the Modulation or Security Protocol details as described in the guide. Unsure how to proceed. Is the router too old a model?
Ahra_G

Thanks for getting back to us, dacdomy37

Based on the test, the modem is still able to get a good signal from the line so I believe it should work fine. All we need to figure out is how to configure it with the right settings. 

I'll have our Technical team to contact and assist you. Just let us know of your best contact time & number via private message and I'd be glad to organise a call back for you. 

Cheers! 

Ahra_G

Good day, dacdomy37

We just want to check if you're able to sort the connection? If not, just let us know of your contact details so we can have our Technical team to assist you. 

Cheers! 

Ahra_G

Hi dacdomy37

I've gotten your PM and already organised a contact to be made tomorrow, 14 November between 5.30-6.30 ACT. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know should you have further queries. 

Thank you!