TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v - 2.4GHz WiFi instability (and IoT devices falling off network)

chicaneau
Level 4

Hi Support,

I have 3 Cygnett WiFi power points that stop working after a matter of hours (are all exhibiting the same issue). I've tried different channels/widths to no avail (I've set it back to auto, what it should be really). They work fine on another access point.

I am currently on the following firmware version:

1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200826 Rel.77218n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Can this be logged with TP-Link support? I've tried contacting them but as it's not a retail product (ISP supplied) they have redirected me back to TPG.

Can you help?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @chicaneau,

Thanks for raising this to us.

We'd like to confirm what troubleshooting you have performed so far?

Also what particular WIFI/modem settings is required for the 3 Cygnett WiFi power points to work on our supplied TP-Link Vr1600 modem, feel free to post a screenshot of the settings on this thread.

Regards, 

Hi Support,

I have 3 Cygnett WiFi power points that stop working after a matter of hours (are all exhibiting the same issue). I've tried different channels/widths to no avail (I've set it back to auto, what it should be really). They work fine on another access point.

I am currently on the following firmware version:

1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200826 Rel.77218n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Can this be logged with TP-Link support? I've tried contacting them but as it's not a retail product (ISP supplied) they have redirected me back to TPG.

Can you help?

Regards

chicaneau
Level 4

Hi @Shane, thanks for your message.

I have tried manually setting the 2.4GHz wifi channel, Channel Width to no avail. They simply stop working (and are no longer on the LAN and stop responding to ping requests). The worked fine with my old Telstra router/AP. There's not much config required on the actual devices, however they only support 2.4GHz only (so it is necessary to switch phone to 2.4GHz WiFi prior to using the Cygnett app to join them). I've tried various distances from the AP (1M or 15M away) this makes no difference either.

(Manual here: https://support.cygnett.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026507013-Smart-Wi-Fi-Plug-with-Power-Monitoring)

Shane

Hi @chicaneau

Thanks for the additional details. I can confirm that the modem/router has the latest firmware version, unfortunately we do not have information on how set up Cygnett, it is best to contact their support directly to avoid mistroubleshooting.

Regards,

Hi @Shane, thanks for your message.

I have tried manually setting the 2.4GHz wifi channel, Channel Width to no avail. They simply stop working (and are no longer on the LAN and stop responding to ping requests). The worked fine with my old Telstra router/AP. There's not much config required on the actual devices, however they only support 2.4GHz only (so it is necessary to switch phone to 2.4GHz WiFi prior to using the Cygnett app to join them). I've tried various distances from the AP (1M or 15M away) this makes no difference either.

(Manual here: https://support.cygnett.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026507013-Smart-Wi-Fi-Plug-with-Power-Monitoring)