TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v Firmware

sssstew80
Level 2

cool thanks for confirming Will.

Will

You're welcome, @sssstew80

Feel free to drop by if you have other queries or concerns.

Cheers!

kiiwii
Level 2

Hi,

I'm with iiNet using the TPG Ultra Broadband network with the supplied TP-Link VR1600v modem. My current firmware is 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n.

I get a lot of 80002 errors and googled that it's got to do with limited RAM or something.

Anyway how can I get the firmware updated? I've requested it from iiNet directly but it hasn't been done.

Cheers!

Ed_C

Hi kiiwii,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Could you please confirm your current provider? Is it TPG or iiNet?

We will wait for your response.

Thank you.

kiiwii
Level 2

Hi Ed_C,

It's iiNet, but I'm on the TPG network. Ie. my ip address is at tpgi.com.au

Thanks

Ed_C

Thanks for the confirmation, kiiwii.

In your case, we are unable to update the firmware since your modem is not listed in our system.

It would be best to contact iiNet to know if there is a specific firmware requirement for the service to work properly.

If none, you can contact TP-Link directly to get the latest firmware update. 

Cheers!

kiiwii
Level 2

Ok, thanks will do.

kiiwii
Level 2

Hi TPG,

So on your advice, I have called iiNet twice about this today with no resolution and conflicting advice ranging from downloading the firmware from their website to no newer firmware available to automatic firmware update notified by email, none of which has happened. And it's not the first time I've tried to request a firmware update either.

Then asked iiNet if I could request the firmware directly from TP-Link. TP-Link said they don't supply the firmware for that modem as it's a TPG modem.

As you can see from my firmware version number it's quite outdated. Along side the 80002 errors I get on the modem, I'm also getting type 1 errors which make the modem impossible to connect to.

Any recommendations for a next step?

Thanks!

Will

Hi @kiiwii,

Though TPG and iiNet are under one umbrella, we still operate independently of each other and have different databases. We can only push a firmware upgrade for TPG customers that use our supplied modems. It would be best to coordinate with iiNet regarding your request.

Regards,

gabrielgarcia2
Level 2

Hello, my modem is Archer VR1600v v1, firmware 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180306 Rel.63433n

Can you get firmware updated please?

Thanks in advance.