TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v Firmware

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @ck16,

We received your request about upgrading the firmware of your modem.

We're able to confirm that your modem/router has the latest firmware version.

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the home phone service, I ran an initial test it shows it needs to be reconfigured.

We'd like to confirm if you have done performing factory reset with the modem/router if not, please do so and let us know how it will go, in the event that phone will still not work, we'll may need to arrange one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

You're not charged with the modem/router as we provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls.

Regards, 

ck16
Level 2

Hi @Shane,

I noticed yesterday that my home line details appeared in the NBN Voice Control panel and sometime between last night and this morning, the Telephony profile was deployed onto my router.  My home line is now working thank you!

I'm renting 4 additional IP addresses that was previously assigned to my ADSL2+ service.  Are you able to check whether this has been moved across to my new NBN FTTC service?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chris

Shane

Hi @ck16,

We're glad to know that the home phone is now working. In regards with your existing 4 IP address we checked this with our Team for investigation. We'll provide you a feedback when it becomes available.

Regards, 

sgatambo
Level 2

Hi Team,

Can I please get firmware update on my Archer VR1600.

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Kind Regards,

Sam

BasilDV

Hi @sgatambo

I can confirm that the modem/router has the lastest firmware version.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

BasilDV

sgatambo
Level 2

Hi Basil,

I was hoping that this would would resolve the current issues I am experiencing. I am unable to connect ANY device to 5GHZ SSID. the 2.4GHZ keeps on dropping out and only reconnects after modem restart. Are you able to assist with this?

Kind Regards

S

BasilDV

Hi @sgatambo

We've created some articles that may help you improve your Home WiFi network.

Refer to these articles:

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

sgatambo
Level 2
Hi Basil,
I have tried the options in the article with no success. Non of my devices can connect to 5G band.

Kind Regards
Sam
BasilDV

Hi @sgatambo

We'd like to raise this with our Tech team in order to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV