TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v USB Share FTP volume(asd1)

sm1th
Level 2

Hello TPG Community,

I want my security cameras to upload captured events to my Archer VR1600v USB Share.

I have the cameras currently writing to my NAS via FTP (so I know it works).

However after a lot of testing and googling, I believe the parentheses/brackets/() which TP-Link inserts to the USB drive volume name - that is "192.168.1.1/volume(asd1)" - are messing up the address on my camera's end.

Google tells me lots of people are requesting the () to be removed in new firmware.

Can moderators please advise if this has occured in the latest firmware?

Thanks in advance

my firmwarev .: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

3 REPLIES 3
sm1th
Level 2

BUMP - HELLO!???

Dear TPG,

I can confirm for you, that the firmware written for the TP-Link Archer VR1600v Modem/Router is the source of much frustration and limitation when trying to use the USB Storage function!

Just so happens, I have a TP-link AC750 WI-FI Travel Router.

I have connected the travel router to my VR1600v as a 'client', inserted a USB, and can write to the USB in the travel router - because there are no parentheses/brackets/( ) in the volume name.

TP-link firmware details:

Firmware Version:0.9.1 0.1 v0089.0 Build 170828 Rel.57433n(4555)

Hardware Version:TL-WR902AC v3 00000001

As I have other purposes for my Travel Router, this is a reasonable short term solution.

Could TPG please advise if there is any intention to rectify the firmware!?

Thank you

Shane

Hi @sm1th,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, here a thread that you may find helpful.

USB Sharing with TP-Link VR1600v - write access not working

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Hello TPG Community,

I want my security cameras to upload captured events to my Archer VR1600v USB Share.

I have the cameras currently writing to my NAS via FTP (so I know it works).

However after a lot of testing and googling, I believe the parentheses/brackets/() which TP-Link inserts to the USB drive volume name - that is "192.168.1.1/volume(asd1)" - are messing up the address on my camera's end.

Google tells me lots of people are requesting the () to be removed in new firmware.

Can moderators please advise if this has occured in the latest firmware?

Thanks in advance

my firmwarev .: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

sm1th
Level 2
Thank you Shane for tending to my question.

Could you please read my 2nd post.

The link you provided is not the issue - parentheses/brackets/( ) inserted to the volume name (by the firmware) is the issue.

I have now proven this issue using additional tp-link hardware to 'work around' tpg/tp-link firmware (as per my 2nd post).

Thank you