Archer VR1600v

Vickont
Level 2
Iphone app disrupts wifi internet all the time. I have Bosch alarm app RSC+ on iphone and when I login to app and using wifi for connection to the router, the traffic drops and router wont get me connected back to local wifi till router reboots. The alarm panel connects to a free LAN port on the router. Why such behaviour, any security filtering or anything else? the config is from the box, nothing changed. it is TPG HFC NBN service.Alarm vendor told me that IP Module is 100% working and was deployed on Optus and Telstra NBN routers many times. Also when I use 3G/4G no issues, I was able to connect to alarm via router via WAN, not wifi. Seems TPG Archer wifi doesnt like internal network packets of some type. Pls assist in understanding on where to tackle this integration issue. The Alarm people advised me to upgrade the router’s firmware or change the router. I logged the case but waiting is so long. any idea is welcome.
13 REPLIES 13
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Vickont, You can try reserving the BOSCH's ip address using address reservation in the router's LAN settings.

Log in to the router then navigate to: advanced>network>lan settings, find the alarm panel's ip address in the client's list then add and save that address in the address reservation section below.

Once you've done that then navigate to advanced>nat forwarding>DMZ.

Enter the same reserved ip address into the DMZ host ip address box click enable and save,

Logout and see if that helps the crashing.

Vickont
Level 2
Thanks for that. That config is not normally required on MBN routers. Are you suggesting that IP hardcoding as a workaeound for a known crash cause? Anyhting about the logic behind of the IP connectivity drop? regards
orbistat
Level 8

I'm just trying to understand what your system is doing, so it has 1 wireless reciever module for communicating to your router with the smartphone app? Can you set a static ip on the system or does it get it's ip from the gateway?

Vickont
Level 2
Hi,

It is a hardwired data link between LAN port of the Bosch IP module and LAN port of the router. The app is running on the iphone that is wifi connected. If I push pincode to login to the panel from app via established local wifi link the whole internet collapses for all laptops and phones on on wifi. cant reconnect till reboot the router. wired pcs can work ok. the app process is simple. it sends authantication to cloud based server, then retrviial of the panel status must occur. the end to end session is between alarm IP module and app via cloud. wifi router assignes ip for iphone with app, alarm IP module uses DHCP to get IP from router, wired data port.
orbistat
Level 8

Thanks for the info, I thought it was basically that, I was thinking ip conflict as that's the common denominator with both devices being clients to the same dhcp server. Another thing to try is connect the iphone to the 2.4ghz Wifi band only and then the 5ghz band only to see if there's any change.

Vickont
Level 2
I hope to learn what causes skme kind of conflict or reatriction. 2.4 G and 5G difference in the carriage capacity mostly. There is no issue of a signal weakness.
orbistat
Level 8

The 2.4 and 5g bands use different physical modules with seperate MAC addresses. So it's still doing the same with everything you've tried so far? Have you got an android device you can try the app on?

Vickont
Level 2
5G is being used. I really sont get why router blocks itself on packeta sent from app to cloud and back via wifi. anything susicious being sent or what? why such issue with TPG and no other provider modems?
orbistat
Level 8

Log in and go to advanced > security, check that DoS protection, service filtering & access control are all disabled.