SOLVED Go to solution
EWE
Level 2
Level 2

May I get the latest firmware also?

I have my TPLINK modem is currently on:

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

I have multiple connection problems on LAN as well as WiFi. Have performed a reset to factory defaults - but still the same problems. The router used to work satisfactory till now. Suspect a hardware failure but maybe a firmware update would be the first attempt o try fix the problem.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi Ewald,

Thanks for the update.

As you've advised @Shane that the modem/router is pretty hot even though it is running in an air-conditioned room.

Also, given that you've performed the necessary troubleshooting, it is possible that you are correct about the life of the modem/router.

I'll request for a replacement modem/router, since it is still within warranty.

Please send me a PM with your preferred shipping address.

Regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @EWE,

Welcome to TPG Community!

It appears that the firmware of your modem is the latest one.

If you are experiencing issues with the connection via LAN and WiFi, I'll arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Regards,

BasilDV

EWE
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks Basil,

have in mean time done a hardware reset and manually configured all my LAN and WiFi settings again. Quite a bit of work if this happens often. Any way to export the settings? Apart from screenshots, obviously.

Have placed a little fan close to the modem, seems to be stable now but have the feeling it might be dying slowely. Any chance to get a replacement ?

Thanks, Ewald

BasilDV

Hi Ewald,

Thanks for the update.

As you've advised @Shane that the modem/router is pretty hot even though it is running in an air-conditioned room.

Also, given that you've performed the necessary troubleshooting, it is possible that you are correct about the life of the modem/router.

I'll request for a replacement modem/router, since it is still within warranty.

Please send me a PM with your preferred shipping address.

Regards,

BasilDV