TPG Community

Get online support

Archer vr1600v as access point

edesousa
Level 3

I tried automatic via the NIC and it wont get an IP address which the problem. (with wifi it is dynamic and it gets the IP address as per previous screen grab 192.168.0.57)

Here are some more Screen grabs.

Have you proved that this configuration can work??

BasilDV

As you've confirmed earlier that the LAN connection from your Laptop to the TP-Link is working, so that means that this setup really works.

Now, we just need to check what is happening with the WiFi connection. You've said that you are getting a valid IP address on your WiFi adapter using the Dynamic or automatic setup, but can't ping the main router 192.168.0.1, which is quite questionable.

Are you able to try another device to connect to the 5GHz network of the TP-Link and check if the internet will work?

BasilDV

edesousa
Level 3

Hi,

Just to let you know I finaly got it to work but I noticed that even thou on the status it says there is no internet there is!

There seems to be a prob whereby after you configure evrything and you do the final reboot to start using it with DHCP switch off it hangs the Lan port you are using. By moving the Ethernet cable that connects to the Netgear to a different port on the vr1600 it comes good. Strange I know!!

I also have noticed that its not very stable, I chaged the SSID and set the Admin Username and password and it stopped working again. I have to go back to factory default and start from sratch. Smiley Sad

Very poor quality...

Riezl

Hi @edesousa, we have checked the status of your connection and it looks stable at the moment.

We'll see how it goes and if the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you.

edesousa
Level 3

LOL.

My connection is with the Netgear 7000 not the second router VR1600 which is switched off at the moment.

Smiley Happy

PMatthews
Level 2
Hi edesousa!
I'm trying to do the same thing, and must admit I'm encountering the same problems that you were.

Is there any chance you could please post the settings/setup that you managed to make work please?
kirte
Level 2

Hi,

I'm having the same isse - wired connections work. WIFI connections do not have Internet. Please advise

BasilDV

Hi @kirte

Welcome to the Community!

We've created some articles that will help you improve your home network.

You may refer to the articles here:

BasilDV

kirte
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV ,

Thanks.

D1ngo
Level 2

Hi, I'm trying something similar to extend wifi to my garage downstairs, and want to use my TPLink TDw8960 as the secondary extender, and remain using the archer 1600v as the nbn modem router.  After much research and angst, I dug up that TPG had blacked out the WDS from the 1600, so I believe my only other option is to wire from the modem to the 8960, and I would expect that I should connect to 5g in range of that signal, and whatver 8960 wifi connection i get, but cant seem to work it out.  Is there something else thats disabled I dont know about?

Alternatively, I have a neytrgear n300 gateway that I can use if its more compatible.

TIA