TPG Community

Get online support

Archer vr1600v firmware upgrade please

SOLVED Go to solution
ogruca
Level 2

Please can you upgrde my firmware Archer VR1600v

I am also suprised that i have to ask TPG to update this for me, this should be an option do do it ourselves or tick a box that says check every night for an update and do it automatically.....

My lan and wireless connections sometimes drop out and i need to reboot the modem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_M

Hi @markglibres 

Hardware version: Archer VR1600v v1.1
NBN-FTTN/FTTB/HFC/FTTC = TP-Link VR1600: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n
TPG-FTTB = TP-Link VR1600: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190305 Rel.72906n

You have the latest firmware for your Archer TPG-FTTB modem.

thanks,

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
David_M

Hi @ogruca 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

ogruca
Level 2

Thanks david

the disconnections are experienced across mulitiple devices such as smart tvs's, local linux pc, macosx and windows, either wired or wireless conenctions.  The wireless/wired connections allows me to connect but wont handout an ip address.

David_M

Hi @ogruca 

I have made a request for our hardware team to push a firmware upgrade out to your modem.

Current FW: TP-Link Archer VR1600 v1.0: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n

Also, here is some info on wifi improvements.

Wireless interference can cause various issues with your WiFi network. If all of your devices connected to via WiFi are affected, then you may need to change some wireless settings. We've created an article that will guide you on How to improve your home network.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...

Regards,
David_M

ogruca
Level 2

Thanks David

The problem is being experienced on wired and wireless across multiple device types / operating systems.  i can only point the finger at this modem as this didnt happen when using my previous modem.

ogruca
Level 2

Thanks David,

Can you please advise when this upgrade might happen?

David_M

Hi @ogruca 

ASAP within 48hrs.

Thanks,

ogruca
Level 2

Hi David

Thank you for organising the firmware upgrade.  I still have issues with this VR1600v modem where clients in my house both wired and wireless cant conenct to the modem, it wont allocate an ip address or connect to the wireless/wired network.  It only works after a reboot.  i have scheduled an automatic reboot at the lowest configurable time being three days at 2am.

Any any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

markglibres
Level 2

same here.. after I switch to FTTB with router Archer CR1600v  from NBN 50 with Huwawei router, my wifi connection on 2.4Ghz became so slow and intermittent (laptops).. the 5Ghz seems to be fine on our mobile phones

David_M

Hi @markglibres 

Can you check what firmware version your modem is using and let me know.

Thanks,