TPG Community

Get online support

Between ‘nothing’ and 500mbps download speeds following outage last night

Dansuper
Level 2
Hi all,
I was recently upgraded with the ‘complimentary’ ultra fast plan recently and performance has been amazing. However, following an outage in Innerwest Sydney last night (flooding is a drama for HFC, I believe) my service is all over the place. From one speed test to another it’s showing less than 1mbps and back up to 490mbps + for no apparent reason.
Any thoughts before I try to call for an investigation? Has been like this seemingly since yesterday evening until now.
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Dansuper

Thanks for raising this with us.

Are you experiencing the issue with the speed via a WiFi or a Wired connection?

Is it time specific or it's random?

If you are experiencing the problem via WiFi, are you connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz network?

BasilDV

Dansuper
Level 2
Hi @BasilDV,
Thanks for responding. :-)
I’m running WiFi; Huawei HG659 into. TPLink Deco M5 set up. It’s been perfect since the set up but seemingly after the outage on Friday night, I’m getting weirdly inconsistent results.
Have tested both through mesh set up and straight out of the router, but seemingly no diff. The problem also seems to occur both at 5ghz and 2.4ghz.
Just to note, your colleague Mel is currently assisting me and has raised a case for me with the engineers (I don’t have the case number).
Cheers,
Dan
BasilDV

Hi @Dansuper

Thanks for the update.

Kindly wait for any feedback from our Engineers as soon as it becomes available.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV